dodgy dealer - what to look for!!

andrew3134 said:
I am so pissed off, that is the same guy that sold my the dodgy box of 05-06 SPGU. Don't open it, you will get spam like i did. Did you pay through paypal ?

yes i did pay through paypal. why do you ask that??

still no word from the prick!! :mad: he must be avoiding me cos he knows he is guilty. i'll send ebay an email today with the whole story and see how i go??

very quick reply from paypal. i am eligible for a refund and below is the reply that i then received from the seller.

Hello,
We have been made aware of a problem we seem to be having with one of our suppliers. I apologize for this inconvenience. Almost all our boxes are drop-shipped from various distributors throughout the country. We do not even see over 90% of the boxes that are shipped out, I would hope you would not think we would intentionally have tampered boxes shipped.
I am glad you have not opened the box, and you can send it back for inspection and a refund, so we can bring evidence to our supplier and get this situation taken care of.
Our reputation speaks for itself, we are not in the business of cheating people. That is not how we have sustained a very successful business on ebay for the last 7+ years.
Please accept our apologize and we will work to have this situation resolved. We will also reimburse your shipping back for the item.

Terry Boyd
- BigBoyd Sports Cards

i had a feeling that this may have been the case. a bonus too that he offered to reimburse the return shipping costs as they do not have to do that!!

hill33 said:
Well at least they ended up replying - and maybe this will help for future!

yeah!! he said he is going to take it up with his supplier!! but i would suggest staying away from this guy for a while for box purchases?!?

That's a great victory! Well done! :supz:

As stated in an earlier post, it is important to buy direct from the factory vendors. This can be tricky cause there are so many sellers out there.

That's why it took me 3 years to find Upper Deck suppliers who buy straight from the Upper Deck vendors and don't touch their product, so it's all 100% legit when it arrives to me.

Hopefully there won't be anymore future posts of others buying dodgy product.

Once again well done for the persistance :smt038

sashsquach said:
That's a great victory! Well done! :supz:

As stated in an earlier post, it is important to buy direct from the factory vendors. This can be tricky cause there are so many sellers out there.

That's why it took me 3 years to find Upper Deck suppliers who buy straight from the Upper Deck vendors and don't touch their product, so it's all 100% legit when it arrives to me.

Hopefully there won't be anymore future posts of others buying dodgy product.

Once again well done for the persistance :smt038

where do you buy from??

How long will it be until someone works out how to put the logos on the plastic wrap??? (If they already haven't???)

Secure packaging will/should be the one of the big issues in the hobby.......that and dodgy cut autos [-X

Guys, there are millions of threads here about buying from the US - if you are going to go that route. Otherwise support local (even though that is no guarantee either - I got a resealed box from a dodgy Australian seller once)

where do you buy from??

haha Evan if I told you I wouldn't be in business, would I? O:)

There's that reputable sellers post, but to recap:

US
Dave & Adam
SCC
These 2 have the biggest the range and the best sales on which can't be beaten.

Haven't dealt with Orange County so I can't comment.

AUS
Members on here
sashsquach / southernhemisphere (me)
Allstar Card Inc
All*Cards
everyone on this forum really ;)

Non Member
Edge

I may not be cheapest, but I am one of the most reputable in the country. You have a great chance of pulling something out like most people have from my gallery:

http://www.southernhemispherecards.com.au/newsitem.asp?DocumentID=108

I haven't checkout all the box breaks from this forum yet. How would you rate them?

Anyway that's enough shameless promotion for us Aussie sellers :smt053

Guys, there are millions of threads here about buying from the US - if you are going to go that route. Otherwise support local (even though that is no guarantee either - I got a resealed box from a dodgy Australian seller once)

Well my point about buying direct from the factorys vendors..once again!

Sorry to prolong this issue...
But do ALL Upper Deck boxes have UD logos on the wrapper?
There seems to be quite a few Sweet Shot boxes on eBay that dont

Back
Top Bottom