Digi Can Troubles

Benny J

Mr Big Shot...
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
15DVS
Hey guys...i am having a bit of trouble with my digital camera at the moment. Does anyone know whether you can have digital camera's "serviced".

I have found that the picture quality is not what it used to be and thought that it may just need a clean or something.:( It is a Sony Cybershot 4 or5 mega pixel (cant recall).

I think twentysomething worked with camera's so if you read this thread, any advice would be much appriciated!!!:)

Any other thoughts???

We just had problems with ours, when we watched back a video there were lines on the screen. Asked a guy at Myers and he said it needed a head cleaner. Got the cleaner (around $30), and now the camera is fine! Hope that helps! Expensive for something you use every year or so though.

Gday Ben,
You certainly can have them serviced, the place I work at (not Sony) regularily service our digital cameras.

It can cost a little bit (approx $50 - $100) but they will clean out the camera and clean the lenses and adjust some of the settings to make sure your camera is working correctly. Mine came back working great...even after I dropped it.

I would give Sony a call and see if they have an authorised repairers close to where you live, otherwise, you could take it to your local camera store and they could do something similar for you!

Cheers
Matt

twentysomething said:
Gday Ben,
You certainly can have them serviced, the place I work at (not Sony) regularily service our digital cameras.

It can cost a little bit (approx $50 - $100) but they will clean out the camera and clean the lenses and adjust some of the settings to make sure your camera is working correctly. Mine came back working great...even after I dropped it.

I would give Sony a call and see if they have an authorised repairers close to where you live, otherwise, you could take it to your local camera store and they could do something similar for you!

Cheers
Matt

Thanks Matt....i knew the "What do you do" thread would come in handy!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom