Cousins Sacked !

Well some say this is long time in coming. I just hope players at other clubs including my own take the hint that they are risking their careers by stuffing around with drugs.

Yes we have all heard about what is going on down there at Hawthornland..........wonder if the 3 strikes policy has been breached by Buddy or not ?!?

As a WCE supporter, if Cousins had illegal drugs on him then I would feel enough is enough and fire the guy BUT there are rumours going around that the cops only found prescription drugs on him? Valium? If that is true - sounds a bit harsh to me?
We don't know the full story yet so who knows.

Cousins is no longer a registered afl player now;
(therefore can't nominate for the draft!)

Cousins out of the family
By staff writers
October 18, 2007 THERE is no place for Ben Cousins to play AFL football, AFL chief executive Andrew Demetriou told Fox Sports News.

Speaking from Paris, Demetriou said the disgraced premiership footballer and Brownlow medal winner is no longer a registered AFL player after being sacked by his West Coast club last night.

"At the end of the day, there is no place for Ben Cousins playing in the AFL competition," Demetriou told Fox Sports News.

"He has got to go away and get himself healthy, which we want him to do and im sure most people would want him to do. and we've got to get on with managing the competition," he said.

"The club, the AFL, all the medical officers have done their very best to try and help a young man get back to full health. Unfortunately it hasn't been successful.

"And from our situation and our position, we've got an obligation to our stakeholders and to the game to uphold the spirit of the game," Demetriou said.

The former West Coast captain's arrest and subsequent court appearance to face a drug possession charge was the final straw.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett last night confirmed there was no chance Cousins would play for the Eagles again following his latest misdemeanour.

But Cousins would continue to be offered support to overcome his issues and return to "full health" according to the AFL boss.

"He'll continue to get support I'm sure from the Eagles and from the AFL system and from our medical officers. So there's a lot of issues for the Eagles to work through, and obviously a lot of issues for us to work through."

Cousins is no longer a registered afl player now;
(therefore can't nominate for the draft!)

Yup - Told ya that would happen !

Although a mixed up and sometimes stupid individual I REALLY hope he gets himself right and is able to play football again (Even if it's not at the AFL level).

You know you shouldn't say that stuff. If Hodge was the player investigated.... he was cleared of dealing by the Vic police.

There she is ;) I dunno about dealing, but I heard that's where Franklin was getting it. Dunno if he's fully dealing. Was he investigated was he?

Back
Top Bottom