Ja$e

To infinity and beyond...
Real Name
Jason
eBay User
jvalles69
Toronto Sun
Wed, February 8, 2006

With Antonio Davis in town and Pape Sow improving, Rafael Araujo appears to be the odd man out with the Raptors.

It sure sounds like the Raptors are considering sending their first-round draft pick from 2004 down to the Arkansas RimRockers of the D-League. If the Raptors don't ship him to the minors, Araujo simply will sit on the bench and not develop.

"I'm going to talk with (coach) Sam (Mitchell) and see what is best for (Araujo)," Raptors interim general manager Wayne Embry said yesterday. "Playing is important for young guys. They need to develop, they need to get experience."

With this being the first season of the D-League's NBA affiliation for first- and second-year players, Arkansas was a bit of an unknown for the Raptors before they demoted Sow for 18 games. But the 6-foot-10 forward/ centre led the D-League in rebounding and came back a much better player.

"In Pape's case, it (the D-League) was a confidence builder," Embry said

With ex-general manager Rob Babcock, who drafted Araujo, fired two weeks ago, the organization's main link to the centre is no longer in a position of power. Therefore, it's easier than ever for the Raptors to transfer Araujo.

Meanwhile, Embry confirmed yesterday disgruntled forward Eric Williams has told him he would rather play elsewhere. Embry said he will do his best to make the little-used player happy.

SON OF A BIUTCH!!!! MAN i had a funny feeling the other day when i was looking over his stats and thought that they were a little low and that he wasnt gettn much playn time, crap. crap crap, BUgger it, mmm maybe he could get traded to a team that will use him, maybe a really crap team, i mean the raptors werent great but maybe to a team who could use a tough young centre they can shape into wat they need....... :(

yeah i just thought that to, wont stop me collecting him, who knows might go to d league and come back a better player? or go to another team and improve there.... impossible to tell, i knew when i was collecting him that he wasnt going to be a star that was half the reason WHY i collected him, but i hope for his sakes that he finds a basketball home soon

thats bad news, same here. reece gaines hasnt done anything as of yet but that hasnt stopped me collecting him. The on good thing about them under performing their cheap to buy :D

If Toronto send him to the D-League they are more stupid than I thought. The season is all but over for the Raptors so why bother giving Antonio Davis the minutes? Wouldn't you give the younger players like Araujo and Sow minutes over crappy old Antonio Davis?

from some things i read they are thinkin of off loading him davis that is, at the end of the season anyway??? something about his contract and blah blah

Back
Top Bottom