WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Yet another post from me this arvo (yeah just trying to get my post count up). [-X

I'm curious...

Forgetting about your own Collection(s) when looking at Maildays, or when people show you a card.

What do you consider to be a "nice card"?

What do you consider "high-end"?

nice card for me is just a card that looks good like it all fits together like a nice game patch

high end card is something i can't afford lol

when i look at other pplz mail days i'd consider a nice card to be something that looks good with a interesting design or a card you wouldnt get to see every day.

A high end card i would have to agree with lil pharm and say something i cant afford heh

For me...

A Nice card is just that, a card that i reckon looks nice...like a nice looking auto etc...

High end card, probably something over $75-100US...

A nice card? something appealling or well-rounded, for example a throwbacks jsy/patch/auto. Those are really nice cards, well rounded and alos numbered to the players jersey numbers.
A high-end card? MJ RC comes to mind, any older MJ/Kobe game-used/auto or Lebron for that matter.

a nice card is anything to me, that looks nice, values nice, nice brand, nice player etc, many categories.

Apparently i don't own any high-end cards, so i'm not sure, those two words have always puzzled me

A nice card is one which looks good - many base cards are nice imo ;)

A $25-$50 card is "high-end" imo. Compared to a nice common anyway :lol:
To a serious collector, something $200 or more would probably be considered "high end". Some ppl may only consider cards from certain products "high end", meaning if you pay lots for the pack/box, they are "high end" cards. Some cards and products should just be labelled "overpriced" instead of "high end" imo :)

I would measure relative to a person's particular collection. Not everyone wants to spend huge amounts on cards and their definitions would be different to others.

Nice is a rather subjective term as well. Carlos loves his Kidd 1/1, but I thought it was rather ugly :D so I suppose it depends on meaning to the individual

I agree With Lippo. Nice in my collection are patches and autos as i dont have a huge amount to spend but saying that there isnt much in peoples maildays that i wouldnt like in my collection,and the card i cherish most is my $10 DRob run of the mill Rc so i think everyones nice cards are different

Nice cards to me, are cards I wouldn't mind having in my collection even if just for a day, regardless of player.... often because I like the design or the auto looks nice..

High end to me... low numbered jersey/autos or patch cards etcetera...

My favourite looking card? Donyell Marshall Skybox Rookie....

Hey guys!
Mavs Man was curious so I am gonna him my true opinion!

A nice card for me is a good player's card that I like the look of!

A high end card is a $20us plus insert lol

$100 plus cards are lotteries to me :)
Never will see me buy one!

Some good replies here guys. I just thougth I'd ask.

To me, a nice card is something that catches my eye really quickly, but has a nice overall finish as well. I mean I could see a Lebron SPx RC Auto Jersey, and although it's nice, the Auto is shit.

High end, to me is something #/30 or less, and something that I either paid a little bit more for (than the usual Harris) or something that comes from a high priced product (Exquisite, Ultimate Collection, etc).

I also consider a lot of Vintage stuff to be high end, due to most of the cards these days have all gone to set collectors/investors, and cannot be found. Take Chads Cousy or Russell RCs for example, those cards found with a decent grade like they were/are is a high end card to me.

It's good to see everyone's opinions on cards.

Good topic Scotty..

Nice card: A simple design with a nice 3-4 color patch and a clean auto of a good player:

ak47.jpg

I personally don't like shiney or colorful cards like Finest or Chrome. I like the Upper Deck auto sets like Significance. I also think dual jersey autos of 2 players in a card are very nice:

8-03-04SPGUAuthDualFabrics.jpg

High End: Anything that sells above $150.

Back
Top Bottom