2009/10 A-League cards?

Alistair

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Alistair
Hi guys. We're two weeks into the A-League season and so far I haven't seen any information on a new series. Is there going to be one this season? I can't wait to see what the checklist looks like.

i've never really been into A-league cards but might collect them this year as the Glory look like a better side.

Hopefully there is a Robbie Fowler sig ... One for all the Liverpoll fans out there :)

cardzone said later this year...not sure if that is right tho :)
i would love a fowler, smelts or thompson auto!
this is what i recon they should have

mvp cards (best and faires for each team) 1 in 4 packs
socceroos stars 1 in 9 packs
medal cards 1 in 36 packs
championship predictors 1 in 36
superstar autos (1 player 4 each team, numberd to 350) 1 in 36
double trouble 1 in 72
medal card auto (numberd to 150) 1 in 144
game worn jersey card (numberd to 80, 1 per team) 1 in 216
dual signature redemtion (captain and coach autos on the 1 card, 50 cards each, 1 per team)

i would definately collect them if they had a checklist like this :)

if they had a dual sig redemption for glory it wouldn't be worth much lol!

I hope they have GU but knowing select they wont do it. I doubt Double Troubles as well

I just received a reply from Select. As someone else said, a set will be released in late August.

I have every single A-League card made (2007, 2008 and 2009 including the Mark Viduka autograph from season one!) I can't wait to see what this set has in store but it will be a little more expensive to collect due to a few more autographs. Hopefully there is a Fowler one.

For those of you expecting/hoping for a Smeltz autograph, I am doubtful there will be one as he was the New Zealand signature card last season. I'd have my money on Culina for the Gold Coast.

I would really like to see a card for the Premiers as well as the current Champions card. Also a few for the Champions League would be nice to see.

Hi guys just got offical Release from selsect is mid September and estimated 15th of Sep. And for all fans of Robbie Fowler yes he has signed this year his first year in A-league all autos are numbered to 300 as only 3000 boxes will be released and are 10 teams in the league. Lower than all previous years of the A-league select production. Thanks Dad.and.daves

Hi guys. We're two weeks into the A-League season and so far I haven't seen any information on a new series. Is there going to be one this season? I can't wait to see what the checklist looks like.

09/10 A-LEAGUE DUE FOR RELEASE 15TH SEPTEMBER ...121 COMMON CARDS

34 SOCCEROOS CARDS , 16 A-LEAGUE SUPERSTARS

10 SIGNATURES , 5 MEDAL CARDS .. CASE CARDS AS WELL ...

WILL HAVE SOME OF THIS AVAILABLE .....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I must admit I'm not that excited by this release, though I will still buy the Sydney FC cards.
It's very similar to last years release, and even Select seem to feel it will not sell that well as they have reduced the number of boxes from last years 4800, to only 3000 this year.

In 2006, there was the World Cup goal cards and the Viduka redemption card. 2007 featured Johnny Warren tribute, Asian Cup goals and the legends cards. 2008 had no real feature cards and again this year it's the base set with playmaker cards, national team set and the medals.

If sales were really poor last season, and that’s the only reason I can think of as to why they cut the number of boxes so much, it would have been good if Select had tried to offer a few better cards. Also with 2 new teams this season, the cut in box numbers is even more interesting.

Anyone want to suggest how much the Robbie Fowler signature card will go for?

Back
Top Bottom