Baseball 2008 Claxton Shield

matm

Let's go Yankees
Real Name
Mathew
Posting the stats for this years Claxton Shield tournament.

Southern division
WA 8 wins 4 losses
Vic 5 wins 4 losses - eliminated
SA 2 win 7 losses - eliminated

Eastern Division
NSW 7 wins 2 losses
QLD 7 win 2 losses
Provincial 1 wins 11 losses - eliminated

I went Saturday night and watched Victoria beat WA 4 - 3.
Great game with some great defense and some nice hitting.

A nice night with some mates and a few beers on the grassed section.
Had a ball.

wow, poor old provincial are copping it arent they
i saw that Dave Nilsson was named in the Qld side, but I didnt see any other ex-MLB players that I recognised...is he the only one?

Justin Huber from the Kansas City Royals is playing and Paul Rutgers who has played in US was there also

Hope to see them on the 2nd of Feb when the Vics play against SA got a ball and a few cards I would like to get signed

Brett Ronenberg and Phil Stockman are playing for QLD and Trent Oljeten will be playing for NSW when I go on Saturday!

Can't wait!

Mark.

Was a nice finish to the games held Friday and Saturday, good to see the Vics get two wins!

I was stocked got to meet two of the players Paul Rutgers and Travis Blackley got some photos and some cards signed.

Can't wait till next year now

Congrats on getting a ball Mat. And then to get it sign, way cool.

I didn't even get to one game. Not happy. Then we lose to NSW after taking the first game. Close fought series. Ah well.

Mark.

Just got back from the second and final game of the finals series. Dominant performance from Perth. Mark Kelly pitched a complete game, giving up only one hit. NSW never really looked like winning it. Mitch Graham hit a home run for Perth in the first at bat. It was kept scoreless then, until the 7th, when NSW pulled Tim Cox, and gave up 3 runs. Perth won 4-0.

Back
Top Bottom