2016 Select Footy Stars (Series 1)

Agreed, even tho they are numbered to 250, they will slowly come out and being so many players they should hold value throughout the season - after the season is over who knows tho

Although 250 is a bit highish it's still better than no numbered insert at all.

Just a thought but when cards are numbered highly (like most Select cards), wouldn't it be more fun/collectable if they broke the cards down into different colours like Panini normally do. For example 250 can be /25, /50, /75, /100 or so. Something along those lines but maybe without the 1 of 1s lol.

Although 250 is a bit highish it's still better than no numbered insert at all.

Just a thought but when cards are numbered highly (like most Select cards), wouldn't it be more fun/collectable if they broke the cards down into different colours like Panini normally do. For example 250 can be /25, /50, /75, /100 or so. Something along those lines but maybe without the 1 of 1s lol.

A tye dye..../25 would be mint:thumbsup:

Sorry if its been mentioned but does anyone know if the app and fantasy game is making a return?

Sorry if its been mentioned but does anyone know if the app and fantasy game is making a return?
I think there are a few of us asking that mate. I emailed Select a week ago asking about it but haven't heard back from them as yet. They may be putting finishing touches to it with the Essendon top-up player situation etc. I hope it returns! :)

Good to see some positive feedback for Select instead of bagging them out.

I wish they were still doing Cricket, the Tap n Play release has been excellent but I have missed Select Cricket

Good to see some positive feedback for Select instead of bagging them out.

I wish they were still doing Cricket, the Tap n Play release has been excellent but I have missed Select Cricket

Off track a little but Tap n Play did well with signatures choices and doing a patch card, all winners in my book. But where they failed big time was the lack of bling with the inserts. Even the medal cards looked no better than a common card. They will need to work on that for next year I think. I think Select can learn from what Tap n Play are doing and vice versa. This series 1 from Select is a step in the right direction, no one would deny that, so should be interesting to see if that carrys into series 2.

I've only ever played the Team coach fantasy game. Can you win any decent cards playing the Select App?

Sweet.. Teamcoach works on a scoring format and you simply register the card code to use that player in your team. 3 backs, 4 mids/ruck and 3 forwards.

Is Select something similiar

Sweet.. Teamcoach works on a scoring format and you simply register the card code to use that player in your team. 3 backs, 4 mids/ruck and 3 forwards.

Is Select something similiar

Although this may or may not change this year, the basic way it goes is:

With the Select App you buy packs of digital cards (9 cards per pack from memory) with virtual coins (which you actually purchase using your iTunes account etc). The cards are then dropped into the individual clubs that the players are from. Just like the physical cards, there are common cards and chase cards like Captains, New Faces, Great Moments (in the form of a video highlight), Parallels etc. If you have duplicates, you can either swap them for coins or sell them to other users (there is a "sale" section). This is where you can also buy digital cards you are after. You can also scan in cards from physical packs that you have bought.

The Dream Team part of the app operates (again this is only on last years' app) with the traditional six defender, six mids and six forwards. There were no subs etc last year, which of course was a bummer when someone was a late withdrawal and you got zero points for that player! The App used the official AFL dream team points scoring system. Certain digital and physical cards have an extra loading - eg for a captain signature digital card you would have got an extra 17% in player points for that player. The player you nominate as your weekly captain gets double points each week in the Dream Team so using a captain signature card (as I often did with Luke Hodge) can be very rewarding!

At the end of the day it's heaps of fun - even a halfwit like me did reasonably well :)

Back
Top Bottom