Should people receive ALL cards from breaks?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Shane
Hi,

First of all this thread is not to shame anyone or any dealer it is a question aimed at all people who conduct box breaks.

But yes I am using the current thread posted by Cherry Collectables as an example.

My question arises because for me personally my funds are short and far between to buy things I like to check things out to make sure I am getting value for my money.

Can I please get clarification on one of the rules.

All hits (auto/mem/prizm etc) and numbered base cards/inserts will be distributed, if you go hitless you will go in a monthly second-chance draw.

I looked in Beckett.com listing for this set, can you confirm if I would receive the following cards if I enter and get the corresponding team to the player.

2014-15 Paramount #2 Kobe Bryant $8.00

2014-15 Paramount #4 Kevin Durant $6.00

2014-15 Paramount #12 LeBron James $10.00

2014-15 Paramount #26 Andrew Wiggins RC $30.00

2014-15 Paramount #27 Jabari Parker RC

2014-15 Paramount #62 LeBron James SP $15.00

From what I see in Beckett none of these cards are serial numbered and I guess come under the section I would classify as base cards.

As these boxes and many in the future that I would invest my funds in can on a regular occurrence have 1 pack per box and not all will be so called numbered hits.

So I guess if I was to invest my $69.95 and by luck get Lakers and the

2014-15 Paramount #12 LeBron James $10.00

is in there is it a card (box breaker) would keep or do I get this card as any card to me is worth receiving.

And before people jump up and down saying you know what your buying into and you don't see the problem with them keeping commons. And if you do not like the rules do not buy in, well yes you are correct after I receive an answer I will know exactly where I sit and if in future I will continue to spend my money in these group breaks or just save up and buy a box every now and then to break myself.

If there is anyway I have given myself an (incorrect opinion / miss read info) on the above please feel free to help me understand where I have gone wrong?

With the help of feedback it will help make myself and maybe others aware of making sure that as a customer I read all rules.

Thanks Shane

NO shouldnt expect base cards, unless it's maybe a top rookie and also by the choice of the breaker
Lebron base sell for a $1, hardly worth the postage costs Imo

Your chasing Lebron's,flawless,exquisite,immaculate,NT
Sorry but have to say that your maybe short of funds because you got expensive taste lol
most importantly never go by Beckett prices as they have no idea

@AJ IS SNORING some breakers include base cards from what I've seen!

We simply don't have the time to sort. That aside, the cost in time to sort, on top of the additional Australia Tax (GST, customs, duties... and Tax) would push the price of the break up considerably, in effect, that occasional $10 base card may cost you an extra $3 per spot each time round.

Subsequently that extra $3 a spot might make you look elsewhere to try and hit a logoman in a break. Which is what we try to do, especially with our Machos, include case hit live product with a potential monster hit.

Hope this helps you make your choice!

NO shouldnt expect base cards, unless it's maybe a top rookie and also by the choice of the breaker
Lebron base sell for a $1, hardly worth the postage costs Imo

Your chasing Lebron's,flawless,exquisite,immaculate,NT
Sorry but have to say that your maybe short of funds because you got expensive taste lol
most importantly never go by Beckett prices as they have no idea

Yes I am chasing Lebron's,flawless,exquisite,immaculate,NT but what you do not know is I trade for 90% of what I have so far from these cards. And from memory the 2 most expensive I did buy were was 1 at AUS$55 and 1 at AUS$42.

As for Beckett prices yes it is only a guide and I use it as that, But I do know that I have purchased a immaculate card on here for $2 so if I had those 2 base Lebrons maybe I could have traded them for it.

Thanks for your feedback

I hear what you are saying snoring but I guess it is up to whoever you are buying into breaks with as pointed out some cards are hardly worth the postage.
On the other hand in the more expensive sets such as NT etc it is worth getting the base as you are paying good $ to go in even tho we are all really just chasing the big hits so I guess you need to understand what you are getting for your buck.
I have been buying into breaks with the same guys for some years and they ship all base in all breaks but like I say it's a breakers choice so shop around if you are looking for the big hits it is a risk only you can decide

Hi Shane,
I think you answered this yourself in a way. And you are right, group breakers should disclose the break rules in each group break details prior to any $ being taken.

I can only speak for myself and West Oz Cards breaks,

If you bust a box with me as a personal box I will send you every card. Basically, you have paid for the box and its entire contents so the entire contents is what I send you. :thumbsup:
Unless you tell me that you don't want certain cards, then I wont send them. eg; base cards.

With Group Breaks it depends on what kind of break it is;
  1. If it is a single or multi-case break of low-mid end product that has 12+ packs per box;
    • I do not normally send plain base cards and this will be stated in the details for the group break. It doesn't matter if its LeBron, Kobe or Durant etc. However I will for a small fee, sort, pack and ship all cards. (believe me, this can be a headache for case breaks of prizm/select etc)
    • Ofcourse I DO send all autos, gu's, numbered base, prizms and variants. But I also send out all rookie cards!
  2. If it is a mixed box group break such as WOC Vault breaks or random mixers with under 10 boxes, I send out every card.
    • I also send out Court Kings box toppers, because lets face it.. that's a highlight and selling point of the product. (doing anything else is just robbing you blind and plain lazy)
  3. If it is a high-end box either personal or group break, you get EVERY CARD!!!
    • This should be a given.. For all my breaks, products such as Gold Standard, Paramount, Intrigue, NT, Immac etc ALL cards are sent out. (IMO there is no acceptable reason to not send out cards from high end boxes)

Being a true collector myself, not just a breaker, I both understand and loathe that this hobby is expensive. :( We fork-out a lot of hard-earned cash for this hobby on a regular basis and I myself enter lots of NBA group breaks. I am regularly shocked by some of the things I've seen breakers do and how they have handled customer disagreements. (and this is internationally, not only Australia)

I run West Oz Cards solely for my love of cardboard... I respect all customers cards and handle them the way I would my own and I give back everything to my customers as I would expect the same from the breakers that I pay money to. All of my customers know and attest to receiving brand new supplies with every break and packaging as securely as possible for its trip home to you.

Overall I think there is enough breakers now just on Aussie soil alone, that people have a solid variety to choose from to keep them happy and that's great for the hobby.

We simply don't have the time to sort. That aside, the cost in time to sort, on top of the additional Australia Tax (GST, customs, duties... and Tax) would push the price of the break up considerably, in effect, that occasional $10 base card may cost you an extra $3 per spot each time round.

Subsequently that extra $3 a spot might make you look elsewhere to try and hit a logoman in a break. Which is what we try to do, especially with our Machos, include case hit live product with a potential monster hit.

I have watched the Live feeds from the 2 live feed box breakers here in Australia and without doubt you guys are doing a great service to the Australian collector's market. By making higher end boxes available for a lower price for people to have a chance at that great hit.

But I still believe that if a person is purchasing a spot for a team that the person should really get ALL cards from the team they choose or get via a random draw. And even via the small amount of feedback so far it is making me realise that I will be enquiring a lot more into any breaks I see before I enter.

I realise for a lot of people they may believe that my questions/statements border on pedantic but this is a issue I myself have struggled with for along time and by asking these questions it helps me sort my thoughts out.

I may even go to the lengths of larger case breaks asking a box breaker if I am willing to pay let's say an extra $5 to have them consider taking the time to give me ALL cards from a break I consider entering.

But mostly thanks for your reply Cherrycollectables.

If you really want the base, shop around and send to comc mailbox.

If you want value and to get cards in hand fast, stick with cherry or west oz.

Grayson, how does someone wanting base cards result in extra GST, customs fees and tax? I thought those charges are incurred when you import the cases into Australia, not whether you send him a $1 lebron here and there?

Anyway, in the past Grayson has always been good to me in the past if you have a specific player you might want base of. E.g. Kobe. For the price you cant really expect him to go through all cards looking for a bunch of no name guys for you every time.

Hi Shane,
I think you answered this yourself in a way. And you are right, group breakers should disclose the break rules in each group break details prior to any $ being taken.

I can only speak for myself and West Oz Cards breaks,

If you bust a box with me as a personal box I will send you every card. Basically, you have paid for the box and its entire contents so the entire contents is what I send you. :thumbsup:
Unless you tell me that you don't want certain cards, then I wont send them. eg; base cards.

With Group Breaks it depends on what kind of break it is;
  1. If it is a single or multi-case break of low-mid end product that has 12+ packs per box;
    • I do not normally send plain base cards and this will be stated in the details for the group break. It doesn't matter if its LeBron, Kobe or Durant etc. However I will for a small fee, sort, pack and ship all cards. (believe me, this can be a headache for case breaks of prizm/select etc)
    • Ofcourse I DO send all autos, gu's, numbered base, prizms and variants. But I also send out all rookie cards!
  2. If it is a mixed box group break such as WOC Vault breaks or random mixers with under 10 boxes, I send out every card.
    • I also send out Court Kings box toppers, because lets face it.. that's a highlight and selling point of the product. (doing anything else is just robbing you blind and plain lazy)
  3. If it is a high-end box either personal or group break, you get EVERY CARD!!!
    • This should be a given.. For all my breaks, products such as Gold Standard, Paramount, Intrigue, NT, Immac etc ALL cards are sent out. (IMO there is no acceptable reason to not send out cards from high end boxes)

Being a true collector myself, not just a breaker, I both understand and loathe that this hobby is expensive. :( We fork-out a lot of hard-earned cash for this hobby on a regular basis and I myself enter lots of NBA group breaks. I am regularly shocked by some of the things I've seen breakers do and how they have handled customer disagreements. (and this is internationally, not only Australia)

I run West Oz Cards solely for my love of cardboard... I respect all customers cards and handle them the way I would my own and I give back everything to my customers as I would expect the same from the breakers that I pay money to. All of my customers know and attest to receiving brand new supplies with every break and packaging as securely as possible for its trip home to you.

Overall I think there is enough breakers now just on Aussie soil alone, that people have a solid variety to choose from to keep them happy and that's great for the hobby.

This is great feedback, great to know you will for small fee which is easily understandable sort all cards out and send them out.

And yes I have watched some of the box breaks in USA and omg it's only a business for some. Some of them you can hardly see if they may be slipping a good card through as they sort though the packs. But do like when all cards are clearly shown in a break in front of camera and you can see them easily.

Thanks for the great feedback West Oz Cards

I hear what you are saying snoring but I guess it is up to whoever you are buying into breaks with as pointed out some cards are hardly worth the postage.
On the other hand in the more expensive sets such as NT etc it is worth getting the base as you are paying good $ to go in even tho we are all really just chasing the big hits so I guess you need to understand what you are getting for your buck.
I have been buying into breaks with the same guys for some years and they ship all base in all breaks but like I say it's a breakers choice so shop around if you are looking for the big hits it is a risk only you can decide
If you really want the base, shop around and send to comc mailbox.

If you want value and to get cards in hand fast, stick with cherry or west oz.

Grayson, how does someone wanting base cards result in extra GST, customs fees and tax? I thought those charges are incurred when you import the cases into Australia, not whether you send him a $1 lebron here and there?

Anyway, in the past Grayson has always been good to me in the past if you have a specific player you might want base of. E.g. Kobe. For the price you cant really expect him to go through all cards looking for a bunch of no name guys for you every time.

Thanks for your feedback every little bit helps me and maybe even others out there wondering about these questions themselves.

this is just my humble opinion..

For someone in my position being unemployed because no-one wants to hire a father who can only work during school hours because their child has problems and needs constant care, i do not have the spare funds to throw into a break to not get anything out of it if there are no hits at all. This is why you never see me buying into one. I prefer to put my money (if and when i have any) into buying only when i know i am getting something back. I used to boxes before, because i knew i was getting everything in there but i havn't purchased a box, or pack for that matter, in years... it's kind of frustrating though whenever i see all these really nice looking cards out there.

I mean, i can only imagine spending $50+ to get a random team or spot and have nothing show up... to me that is $50+ i can put towards actual items in my hand...

like i said, this is just my opinion and a good way for me to explain why i cant afford to buy into these.... don't get me wrong, if i had that kind of "spare" money i probably would :)

@Coopz05 I was stressing that it is already hard to keep the pricing competitive with US breakers who don't incur any of those "extras".

I see "most" base as high cost (time etc) and low value (estimated return $$) so we decide to run our group breaks as tightly as we can and assist with specific base or requests as you highlighted.

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

You need to do another weekly warrior for us ppl who dont want to out lay big $$ on breaks

@Coopz05 I was stressing that it is already hard to keep the pricing competitive with US breakers who don't incur any of those "extras".

I see "most" base as high cost (time etc) and low value (estimated return $$) so we decide to run our group breaks as tightly as we can and assist with specific base or requests as you highlighted.

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

Don't you get gst rebate back anyway with BAS?

My question would be what happens to all those base cards?

@Ersk if we could include the GST in our prices we would, but reality is that to remain competitive with US operations we have to reduce our margins (i.e exclude GST by reducing margin by 9%+). The size of the margin is why so few stores exist. The ones that do, struggle to survive.

The base get given away, to enquiries for sets, kids at shows, peeps on VIP days.

My question would be what happens to all those base cards?

Once every one or two months, I collate all the random base cards.. which is sometimes anywhere between 500-2000 and I put them all into team bags (fit about 20-25 in each) and take them down to the local basketball center and give them away to all the kids there. (usually under 13's)

Its awesome to see the smiles on their faces and they've gotten used to it now they swamp me when they see me coming!

I even give away all the packs from the free boxes from DACW when I get product from them so they have fresh wax to open! :thumbsup:

Once every one or two months, I collate all the random base cards.. which is sometimes anywhere between 500-2000 and I put them all into team bags (fit about 20-25 in each) and take them down to the local basketball center and give them away to all the kids there. (usually under 13's)

Its awesome to see the smiles on their faces and they've gotten used to it now they swamp me when they see me coming!

I even give away all the packs from the free boxes from DACW when I get product from them so they have fresh wax to open! :thumbsup:

It would be really cool to see kids getting involved again like the 90s.

A small shop in between a couple of High Schools would do the trick.

There used to be so many options in Brisbane - Gold Coast. Arghhhh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom