Another Day another Bubble Mailer

some Comic Creators Autos

GGAG - Alex Garner + Dan Abnett,
GGLW - Andy Lanning + Brad Walker,
GGDA - Andy Lanning + Dan Abnett

Drax the Destroyer - William Allan Reyes

Gamora - Bianca Thompson

Scans really don't do sketches any justice

Nice haul. Really like the Bianca Thompson sketch. Also, I'm a huge fan of sketches by Jason Crosby (have a couple in the PC) and was going to grab that sketch myself but I just don't think his style suits female characters - they come across to "manly" for me.

@ekalb the scan really does not do the Bianca sketch any justice it is a lovely card in hand and with gold and silver sparkle used in places, I do like the Jason Crosby stuff as well have been keeping a little eye out for some more of his! matt hebb sketches are really nice as well I have a couple of those in my collection so far.

how do you guys display your sketches? I have contemplated getting them graded or putting them in one of those "portfolio" albums that hold 90 cards im starting to build a nice little gotg sketch collection.

I am not a fan of grading cards. A lot of mine are currently penny sleeved, top loader and then team bag. What I have done for all my Adventure Time sketches though is I got a 200 box of graded semi-rigid card holders from DA and penny sleeved them, then put in the rigid holder and then they fit really nice in the 4-pocket ultra pro pages also from DA.

I have a couple Crosby sketches (GOTG and Mars Attacks) but have found so many artists with completely different styles I really enjoy! Like the unique style of Sal Abbinanti (only seen in the latest Marvel Premier so far) and Jason Phillips (using only red, white and black); the "sketchy" type of work of Mark Pennington and Sian Mandrake; the cartoon type work of Crosby and Ted Dastick; and the great Frank Kadar. Adventure Time has introduced me to a few new artists too like Matt Hansen (his AT reminds me of Ren and Stimpy) and Mikey who scans just do not do justice for!

@ekalb I am finding myself getting addicted to sketches quickly I picked up another three gotg on eBay tonight (one for really cheap, just a bid and forget) i love the varying styles I really need to get some rocket and Groot ones now!!

I pretty much have only gotten my rugbyleague and transformers autographs graded as I liked how they looked, but the sketches I might do something similar to how you have yours the deserve a good display

And at the moment, it's a buyers market as far as sketches go. So many decent pieces can be picked up due to there being a lot around at present...mightn't be great for the future of sketch card releases, but bargains are there to be had. Pretty neat when you can pick up a 1/1 piece of artwork of a favorite character for $20 or so...

There'll be Age of Ultron and Ant Man sketches this year, as well as Hobbit and more Star Wars and that's just the movie stuff!

another bubble mailer arrived today with the following inside

Drax - Brian DeGuire (do you believe I got this for a whopping $4.50)

Drax - Brian DeGuire

Drax - Tina Beradi

Gamora Character Card - Mel Joy San Juan

brings my tally up to 18 GotG Sketches

a couple more sketches arrived today , my 19th and 20th Sketch for GOTG

Gamora by Elfie Lebouleux

Nova by Chris Henderson (kinda lazy only doing a box within the card)

whilst neither of them are the greatest sketches they were cheap pick ups

I like Elfie's stuff, she's one of my favorite artists, I have a number of her pieces. She always seems to draw pretty nice looking ladies and especially does eyes very well..

I like Elfie's stuff, she's one of my favorite artists, I have a number of her pieces. She always seems to draw pretty nice looking ladies and especially does eyes very well..

I will have to lookup some more of her work whilst it isn't one of the favourites I own it is bad sketch (well any of the sketches are better then what I can draw anyway)

hey everyone as i slowly add more and more to my Guardians collection I have scanned all of my sketches and put them all in a little blog post thing to share the sketchy goodness

as time permits I will add more up and fix up the blog abit more but for the meantime here are my sketches

http://atouchofsharky.blogspot.com.au/2015/01/guardians-of-galaxy-trading-cards-by.html

Thanks for looking and thanks to those that have helped me as well!!

Back
Top Bottom