Katie Cassidy autos in Arrow and Supernatural...

That sucks for people who have paid good money for the auto on the secondary market, or who are fans of the actress. Hopefully it's just someone in her team doing it without realising they are meant to be hand signed. Shades of Brad Keselowski in NASCAR.

If you don't want to do it, just say no !

Ouch!! Also just read that Amell auto's won't be in the Arrow set...and crypto are changing their announcement policy back to how it was....when cards get returned, they announce them as signers. Not announcing they're contracted.

Very unfortunate as it seemed Crypto were trying to do the right thing, the stars were contracted to sign but didn't follow through. Still can't believe that it's so hard to sign a bunch or cards, even if the big stars were limited compared to others... In behind the scenes stuff you see so many stars having breaks during filming while they wait on set changes or whatever, surely they could sign some cards ???

Yeah I feel Crypto are in a no-win situation right now. They announce the signers who have contracts early and then when the cards are not returned they look like fools. If they hold of announcing the signers until they receive the cards, they do not get the hype behind the set.

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...-trading-cards-coming-soon-5.html#post8368528

Bummer man, you might be better off just copping the loss on the deposit - unless there are others in it to make it worthwhile ?

Yeah, I think Crypto meant well, but they're having a real bad trot lately.

That sucks! Still a couple other autos I want anyway, but not having Amell is a big setback. Also, not having Colton Haynes too, who would be another of the top male stars is not good.

Cancelled my order this morning and was surprised to get a reply back already confirming and that they gave me my deposit back too. I feel sorry for DA (and other retailers) that may get cancellations because of this. Great service none the less! I will probably just grab a box and pick up a couple autos of who I was looking for instead now.

Man this shit pisses me off.

Its one thing for card companies to use dodgy memorabilia, they're just screwing over collectors as a whole, but for the signers to screw over the fans that chase these cards, its contemptible.

Man this s*** pisses me off.

Its one thing for card companies to use dodgy memorabilia, they're just screwing over collectors as a whole, but for the signers to screw over the fans that chase these cards, its contemptible.

Yeah, as AusRam said if you don't want to sign the cards, don't accept the money and commit to signing.

Yeah, as AusRam said if you don't want to sign the cards, don't accept the money and commit to signing.

And lets face it, we're not talking numbers anything like the NFL rookies do...they sign literally 1000's of cards...these guys maybe a few hundred or even less for the big names ???

And lets face it, we're not talking numbers anything like the NFL rookies do...they sign literally 1000's of cards...these guys maybe a few hundred or even less for the big names ???

Exactly. I couldn't imagine there being more than a few hundred for each non-sport release and probably get paid more per auto than most NFL players also.

After the disaster that was Breaking Bad, I have very little time for Cryptozoic at the moment. It seems to me that they have one blockbuster licence which they give 90% of their time and effort, then they crank out a bunch of half baked sets just to tide them over until the next series of TWD comes out.

They need to reduce the number of sets they work on, focus on fixing their quality control issues (particularly the packing and collation issues) and instead of advertising products 12 months before they are due to be released, spend a month or two before release hyping them up with a known checklist. Supernatural's checklist wasn't available until after the product went live, and there were parallel cards in there that people knew nothing about. The Katie Cassidy issue is something that never should have become public knowledge, but presumably their deadlines are so tight that they didn't have time to check or weren't prepared to delay the release.

Also, it would be nice to see some innovation in their sets. The one auto / one wardrobe box format is old and tired, particularly when the big stars are not signing. Breaking Bad was a perfect example of a set which needed more hits per box, or something out of the ordinary. Rittenhouse have multiple autos per box and that should be the case for the weaker Cryptozoic releases as well.

amell is like the most humble celeb going round, cant believe of all people they havent been able to get him to sign.

It was mentioned on BO today that Amell has risen the cost of his autos on comic books recently, so maybe this has something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom