Dunkers, Chasers & Winners - featuring the G(Team)OAT

skip20

The (un)official PC Showdown Special Comments Guy
Real Name
Skip
Just back scanning some cards in while I have the chance...

Some small side PC (Dunk Champs) and set chase items to scan in, so without any further ado (whatever ado is), here we go!

Dunk Champs

Jermey Evans Hoops auto - love that 2 ball dunk!

Desmond Mason SPA auto (on card)

Kenny 'Sky' Walker GS auto /249 - love the old school look dunking with his bling on...

Larry Nance Slam Ink Intrigue auto /199 (on card) Sick looking cards, with the thrown down he won the dunk contest with. On card too...

Larry Nance Dunk Co Intrigue auto /99 Lower numbered, but with a sticker and with a pic which looks about as far away from a dunk as I do when I grab an offensive board...

Fred Jones Dunk Co Intrigue auto /10, yes /10! That winning dunk was iconic - he caught it behind his head at an awkward angle and still threw it down with authority

Josh Smith Abs Mem Frequent Flyer auto /99 - not receiving much love of any kind lately, luckily he has massive contract to keep him warm!

Josh Smith Abs Mem Iconic Gu / auto 49/49 - ebay 1/1 baby! Best card background in quite some time...

Terrence Ross Prestige Rookie auto - Mr 51 points himself!

Cedric Ceballos PnP auto - in the uniform he won the dunk contest in, makes a big difference! Still think he coudl easily see through that blindfold though....

Vince Carter Fleer Hot Shots patch - possibly one of the most confused cards ever. Titled Rookie Hats Off, it contains a jersey patch. Features the Great White Hope and has Vinsanity reduced to a small face in the background. There's no mention (or rationale) of why a big, immobile Montross like 7 footer is on the same card as a dunking legend and then to top it all off the jersey piece is from vince Carter!

Vince Carter Ultimate auto (on card) YES! Just..........well, YES!

Missus Side PC

Yi Jianlian Century Threads 'Prime' - the dreaded one colour patchola!

Letterman Chase

This now gives me D-O-U-L-A-S, swear I had the G somewhere. Extrememly frustrating....

Hot Prospects Set Chase

Jared Dudley - upgrade with a nicer patch

Gabe Pruitt - for some reason one of the harder ones for me to track down...and with an ordinary patch to boot.

Fleer Ex Set Chase

Brandon Roy (on card) Only need the bigger names from this set now. In hindsight B Roy was one of my favourite players, poise, clutch, heart, always had his head in the game.

HOF Dream Team Patches - from the greatest team assembled in the history of basketball. Just over the half way mark now!

Karl Malone - The Mailman!

Patrick Ewing - The Hoya Destroya!

Scottie Pippen - Nice keeper of a 3 colour patch.

As always, thanks for stopping by and having a look (and a read). Comments always appreciated. ..and bring on the NBA season!

Awesome pip patch! love the idea of dunk champs! would love to see a dunk comp with tmac, VC, kobe and lebron all in the prime against each other! one can dream!

I love the Slam Ink and Dunk Co designs although some of the images used confuses me, as the name suggests they should be all slamming the rock but some images they are doing layups or rebounding lol. Nice additions to the chase man :)

Awesome pip patch! love the idea of dunk champs! would love to see a dunk comp with tmac, VC, kobe and lebron all in the prime against each other! one can dream!

Now there's an idea for a thread - all time greatest dunk contest participants.... Baby Jordan v Jordan!

wow very nice range of stuff.
I'm still scratching my head at that vince patch!?

Yeah, that would have to be the most ill conceived card I've ever seen to date - a back to front auto or a patch from a team not featured would top it off!

PIP patch looks great. Always thought your slam dunk PC chase was a great idea and still is

Dunk PC is a bit out of control - still need a Dwight, John Wall, Jordan and Baby Jordan. As time goes by the dunks seem to get more and more gimmicky!

Great cards there Skip! Like those Dream Team pickups, sweet looking cards and of great players!

There will only ever be one Dream Team - so from my point of view it's the pinnacle of team set chases!

Awesome stuff as always mate. The dunk chase is a cool idea.

It is a good idea until you see how many autos these guys have and how many big names have won it! Ideally, want an on card auto, dunk picture of each winner in the uniform they won it in.

Liking the Dunk Champs PC, nice additions!

Spot on! Everybody remembers 'those dunks'! All-Star weekend always has a special spot in every NBA fan's heart!

Wow some nice additions to your set chases. Congrats

Sadly there are a few more set chases on the go than those few too! Slow progress, but if you could finish quickly it wouldn't be worth doing!

I love the Slam Ink and Dunk Co designs although some of the images used confuses me, as the name suggests they should be all slamming the rock but some images they are doing layups or rebounding lol. Nice additions to the chase man :)

It always bother me when they have a card featuring someone like Dennis Rodman shooting FTs, or Dikembe Mutombo dribbling the ball up court - lol

Awesome mailday skip, Love the VC ultimate auto!

That year's Ultimate autos just exude class.........

Very entertaining mailday again :)

Intrigue has been one of Panini's better (perhaps underrated) products both seasons.

Very entertaining mailday again :)
Intrigue has been one of Panini's better (perhaps underrated) products both seasons.

Yeah I think so mate, they seem to be incorporating hobby feedback more and more into their designs, definitely great pics for the most part...

Back
Top Bottom