2 x DC Epic Battles, 1 more Guardians and 3 more Cap America TWS

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
After finally getting the parcel that went AWOL for a week it was time to break some boxes. Gave the new DC product a go, had another stab at Guardians of the Galaxy as it had been very good to me, and went a few more Captain America's now that the price has dropped a bit...

First off, the DC. Interesting stock, but the cards are puzzles like Kree Skrull War, so they're a bit messy. Pulled two sketches, a couple of metals, but a bit disappointed as I was expecting the sketches to be "battles" not just single character cards like every other release..

Rustico Limosinero on the Cyborg and Jason Saldajeno for Wonder Woman.

DCGB.jpg

Next up, another Guardians box, this one wasn't near as good as the last two I bought. Auto is Dan Abnett and Brad Walker.

GOTG4.jpg

Lastly, I went three more Captain America The Winter Soldier. Did okay, but zero sketches.

CapTWS.jpg

Think I was jipped a hit, but probably can't complain seeing I got a dual autograph last time...oh and there was this one this time too...

Cap - Cobie.jpg

I'll take it ;-)

Awesome Smulders auto!! I was looking at Epic Battles last time I made a purchase, but I thought the box prices were a little high. Want to get my hands on a Harley Quinn Totally Fabricated though.

Awesome Smulders auto!! I was looking at Epic Battles last time I made a purchase, but I thought the box prices were a little high. Want to get my hands on a Harley Quinn Totally Fabricated though.

I reckon they're gonna come down tons once they get out of the no discount period...I really can't see the value in them to be honest, and don't think many are buying them, there's not much action on Scoundrel etc for it.

Yeah, stoked at the Smulders auto - that was the only one I really wanted seeing I pulled at Atwell last time..

Really liking these UD movie sets, they've been good to me...Thor Dark World, Gotg, and now this...

Really like that Wonder Woman sketch. I really need to start collecting some DC stuff.

The DC have to come down some time. They were way overpriced since they increased it for the better card stock but didn't do anything about better sketches. I am a pretty serious DC collector, with multiple cases from every release so far and I skipped this one. Another serious DC collector I know did the same. So I am expecting that they will have real problems getting rid of them all since the previous DC sets have had to be discounted and had better sales.

Nice Smulders :)

awesome hit on the auto!! glad the shipment finally turned up! i have been eyeing of a couple of cap boxes myself latley. might have a crack

Back
Top Bottom