Aussies collecting NBA cards should be outlawed!!! UPDATE!!!

Hilarious!
I think every player collector has gone through this.

I've tried to do the nice guy thing by taking turns with bidding on certain cards with other collectors but in the end I get the sh1ts and just buy what I want. If you want it beat me :lol:

UPDATE!!!!

So slimzy won this
image.jpg

Straight after auction I get this
image.jpg

To funny!!!

Slim

So glad you won that!!!

Too funny.

1) clearly doesnt know about sniping apps and 2) if he REALLY wants it, bid the MOST you would ever pay for it.

You cant get annoyed if someone is willing to pay more for a card than you are...

Although I do, when it comes to idiots paying hindreds for a Longley. Lol

Good on ya Slimzy for snagging that! I have competition for JRs, no idea who, and frankly don't care anymore, I only bid a certain amount and don't go over it. I also collect legends, rare gu and some autos, gold standard has some of the /25 /10 or /5. I try and snag one or 2 of them, but usually set collectors go all out for these. Sometimes I manage to grab one or two if I am lucky.

I focus my collection on the lower end stuff so I rarely run into these issues as most of the cards I bid on have more than 25 copies in the world. But back then, I remember Dave used to go head to head against me. I think we could have worked out a better way to save money from bidding against each other, anyway, he won most of them, so it's his loss.

But generally speaking, you will eventually cross paths with another person in this huge world collecting the same stuff. No matter how many alliances you form, there will always been new competitors in the market.

I focus my collection on the lower end stuff so I rarely run into these issues as most of the cards I bid on have more than 25 copies in the world. But back then, I remember Dave used to go head to head against me. I think we could have worked out a better way to save money from bidding against each other, anyway, he won most of them, so it's his loss.

I don't think time has been very nice to your memory Brian.

When we first met on this site and started bidding on the same Shaqs, we did make an agreement to leave auctions that the other had bid on alone. It was hard but worked until you outbid me on a card that I was going for the same day I saw you at a card show, and we agreed to end our agreement.

We didn't go head to head much cause you collect lower end stuff, leaving me to go head to head with the 10 000 other Shaq collectors on higher end stuff.

If I won most of them, at a price im willing to pay- I can't see how its my loss?

Beautiful Silo Slimzy, and it does add more spice to collecting!! Back when Brian and I would battle after our disagreement, I would see his name as the head bidder(in the days when it clearly showed winning bidders id) and go for it! Sometimes even if I had the card, I would win just so I knew he would see my name and then send them down to Melb to sue_7777 as he didn't have a lot of cash to spend on Shaqs. Im not nearly as cruel as that these days.

haha love your work slimz!!

Theres 1 dude who wins every god damn TY LAWSON I go for, must have that snipe bid thing set up.
Ive never made contact with him but his ebay name is I***Y.

I would love it if we actually knew each other as it would save us both mega $$$$

I can tell ya who that is, we have had some battles haha, but good guy

HAHAHAHA!!! That's brilliant, lmk if he replys :)

He did reply to me asking why in Australia I wanted to collect Snell and follow Bulls. Explained I collect Rose and wanted Snells RC Autos too.

Asked him being in CA why he follows Chicago and Snell, shouldnt he follow Kobe lol

Last edited:
Back when Brian and I would battle after our disagreement, I would see his name as the head bidder(in the days when it clearly showed winning bidders id) and go for it! Sometimes even if I had the card, I would win just so I knew he would see my name and then send them down to Melb to sue_7777 as he didn't have a lot of cash to spend on Shaqs. Im not nearly as cruel as that these days.

Ahahaha you mean bastard!
I have to admit there's a guy on eBay who tries to out bid me all the time. I'd spoken to him in the past and tried to work out some way of not bidding each other up but he finally wore out his welcome so now when I see his ebay id bidding on a card I bid it up even if I have it. Like every time I see his id, bang $50 bid :lol:

Back
Top Bottom