EA Access

My psn is being a real pain in the butt the last couple of days, I'm a die hard ps person, but they crappy psn network has made me really think about jumping to the Xbox side

If it was a better price it would be great but most of the games you can buy for less than the rental fee.(for 90 days) It need's a subscription $200 a year unlimited play. I would pay that then again streaming im not keen on .

Oh for sure, if it were a better price.

Re: EA Access, you also don't require Xbox Live Gold - so long as you don't want Multiplayer. So essentially, you can buy an XB1, and pay $40 a year, and play nothing but EA games. THAT's a great deal, IMO!!

Just reading that Madden 15 will be heading to EA Access. However, no pre-release demo will be available for this game.

Not sure if they'll release a demo on PS4, given that PSN gamers won't have EA Access. Tag. @wolvesjr34

They have already announced that there will be no demo for madden this year at all. Not a great sign for the game. Also, ea access will only get you six hours of play time in early access. When the game is released you'll still have to buy the game to play it. It's unlikely it will be available as a fully playable title on access until well after people have stopped buying it, so probably towards the end of, or after the nfl season. I imagine the other sports titles will be the same

Rather just buy a title I want. Got credit against Madden for trading in my PS3... and I have MLB The Show... and Need for SPeed Rivals... I actually won't need any other game for a long time lol And I can survive without multiplayer. Ohand I have fifa 14.... all the games I play a lot are EA titles lol

They have already announced that there will be no demo for madden this year at all. Not a great sign for the game. Also, ea access will only get you six hours of play time in early access. When the game is released you'll still have to buy the game to play it. It's unlikely it will be available as a fully playable title on access until well after people have stopped buying it, so probably towards the end of, or after the nfl season. I imagine the other sports titles will be the same

Why would you have to buy the game when you've got EA Access? The idea of it is to subscribe to their services and you get access to all their games available in their library (that they put up).

You don't get immediate access to them apparently, just what I've been reading. EA has been really shady in how they've advertised it, not giving off all of the details, it appears to be one of those "too good to be true" situations.

But really when you think about it, why would they give you complete access to the game for $10 a month when it first comes out? I mean games like fifa and madden are two of the biggest selling franchises out there, they don't need a subscription service to sell those games, actually they would lose a lot of money that way and all ea really cares about is money.

You could be right there man, I supposed it wouldnt be "right" on their behalf, to have games go live for "rentals" (that's what I call them) Day 1 of release, when they're hoping to still make sales in retail stores. - Although they can be bought online from each marketplace/store for each console (at a reasonably higher price though).

I really like the service, if it's as good as they tell us it will be, paying our $40 bucks a year to play as much EA games as we like, without having to pay for an extra Xbox Live Gold membership, seems a great deal for those starting out with a new console such as the XB1.

I totally agree with you and that's how I felt about it when it was first advertised, but I just don't see it happening. I think it won't be fully available on the service until sales slow right down, but I guess we will soon find out. EA has always been pretty dodgy, so I'm not hopeful

So I can confirm that Madden 15 will only be a 6-hour preview (full game) via EA Access, with no known date if/when it is added to the Vault.

Getting harder to justify EA's EA Access.

So I think it's a proven statement by EA that "EA Access" is a bad idea...

New games that come out, ie Madden 15 the other week ago, went live on EA Access as a Demo/Trial only, with no indication if/when it'll join the (rather short/crappy) list of games currently in their Vault. Those being, FIFA 14, Battlefield 4, Need for Speed Rivals, Peggle 2 and Madden NFL 25.

If this "idea" comes into full effect, it could be a really good thing, but right now, I'd suggest holding off.

EA Access is bad because it will eventually force people to have it.

i.e. they may have exclusive content only for EA access subscribers, which will cause a shift in people to buy their games digitially and people like me who like physical copies will loose out.

Back
Top Bottom