Your Unique Side Collections/Hobbies.

Mr.Gem.Mint

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Aaron
Other than card collecting is there anything else you enjoy as a hobby or some kind of other collection?

I invest heavily in physical gold and silver. I absolutely love the Perth Mint you lucky SOBs. So i collect silver rounds of athletes from all sports. Works as a savings account as well!

Random example.

Chicago-Bulls-1996-NBA-Champions-Highland-Mint-Coin.jpg

I dont drink so do you mind explaining that last part of your post?
Dan Murphy's is a beer and liquor store that gets in a lot of international beers. I'm not a heavy drinker myself, so my collection has taken some years to build up. Still haven't gotten all countries covered.

Dan Murphy's is a beer and liquor store that gets in a lot of international beers. I'm not a heavy drinker myself, so my collection has taken some years to build up. Still haven't gotten all countries covered.
O very cool. I live within an hour of Mexico and go there all the time. If you still need any of those beers just let meknow.

I have one beer from latin america - not sure if it's mexican or not ... Corona. Still gotta get through a four pack of Kostrisser (german dark lager - not as good as Tooheys Old Black Ale), before i even think about anything else. I do like my silver Tequila though - even though i'm not a heavy drinker of spirits.

No photo's but international beers. Most of them bought from good ol' Dan Murphy's.

Around Christmas the shop 'Plonk' at the Fyshwick Markets usually has a assortment pack of international beers. I used to get one for my stepdad every year.
Pretty good value and some unusual stuff in there. Not sure if they still do them but worth a look if you want some unique stuff. Also think you can make up a mixed 6 pack of your choice

Call me an old man if you want but I have been collection stamps since a young child.
My Nanna used to collect, as well as my neighbor. I still get them out every now and then to have a look.
I haven't purchased anything in years but used to buy large lots at auction, break them down and sell on ebay (and keep the goods ones for myself).
I'll only share a few photo's because this probably doesn't interest anyone on here lol. I literally know no other collectors to share with so this is probably my one and only chance.

1855-57 SG4 Red (Fourth stamp ever printed for NZ) Catalog £11000 (Mint) £1800 (Used) (Based on 2006 prices)
This is a fine used copy with four good sized margins (one close), the best stamp in my personal collection. I might be able to get SG2 one day but SG1 and SG3 are so rare and expensive that I don't ever see me getting a decent copy.

20170409_090628.jpg

Other Chalon heads circa 1855 - 1864

20170409_091508.jpg

These are not the rarest but very desirable and always sell well.
This are all MNH (Mint not hinged) and in pristine condition, basically PSA10's

20170409_091326.jpg

Example of an error stamp.
If you compare the two bottom right corners, you will notice that the stamp on the right has stars.
Someone used the wrong stock from an earlier printed release for the overprint. Rare.

20170409_091411.jpg

After WW1, a number of Germany's Imperial area were confiscated and converted to a plebiscite territory. They reused the current stamps with overprints.
Extremely rare, and confirmed to be genuine (heavily forged).

20170409_090951.jpg 20170409_090949.jpg

Hitler stamp on cover, on his birthday with Hitler Youth postmark.
Translation of postmark 'With the Fuhrer to victory'.
I believe these were massed produced, just an interesting piece.
20170409_090136.jpg

If you made it this far without falling asleep, thanks for looking.
And thanks to the OP for starting something new and interesting, I hope more people share.

I have one beer from latin america - not sure if it's mexican or not ... Corona. Still gotta get through a four pack of Kostrisser (german dark lager - not as good as Tooheys Old Black Ale), before i even think about anything else. I do like my silver Tequila though - even though i'm not a heavy drinker of spirits.
Yes, Corona and Tecate are probably the 2 most popular mexican beers around here.

Back
Top Bottom