Your team for the third Test

Found a young lad whom has a dream of wearing the baggy green, probably will give it a better go than the current stock:

upload_2016-11-16_19-19-20.jpeg
After this he'll try golf!
I feel like I should probably know who this is! Can somebody please enlighten me?

I feel like I should probably know who this is! Can somebody please enlighten me?
Jarryd Hayne, I believe he played rugby here, then tried to make it in American football, was no good so came back here then tried to make Fiji's rugby sevens squad for the olympics and missed out. Now he's back playing rugby in Australia again.

Jarryd Hayne, I believe he played rugby here, then tried to make it in American football, was no good so came back here then tried to make Fiji's rugby sevens squad for the olympics and missed out. Now he's back playing rugby in Australia again.
Ah yes, know the name, not the face. Well, it seems he's just about tried everything else, why not give him a shot? :p

As the chairman of OZcards, and being from NSW I'm dropping you all from the team if you aren't a) related to me or b) from or born in NSW.

I will also be captaining the OZcards 11 and I will be batting at 3 and opening the bowling then coming back to bowl some off spinners later in the innings. I'm also fielding at first slip so I can conserve my energy. I will also need a runner when batting.

Bring on the 3rd test.

As the chairman of OZcards, and being from NSW I'm dropping you all from the team if you aren't a) related to me or b) from or born in NSW.

I will also be captaining the OZcards 11 and I will be batting at 3 and opening the bowling then coming back to bowl some off spinners later in the innings. I'm also fielding at first slip so I can conserve my energy. I will also need a runner when batting.

Bring on the 3rd test.
I'm...uh...your third cousin? Yeah, that's right, I'm your third cousin! Phew!

Poor @BoondasH1, overthrown just like that! :p

What irritates me is that quite often Australia are the innovators.

And when other teams are down, we supply them coaching and tactic nous.

EG : Bayliss to England (right before an Ashes) [with intimate knowledge of the NSW / CA set up and players FFS!!!]. Or Gillespie.

We did get Muttiah in Sri Lanka their board complained he used his influence to allow us to practice on the first test pitch, also
Allan Donald helped us in South Africa we just have a bad team

With all the kids just after the hit and giggle will things get better in the test arena? Short term or long term

Our domestic season set up in terms of long form cricket certainly won't be helping it along
I would like to see the Matador Cup pushed to later in the season somewhere, to allow the players to have at least three or so Shield games before the Tests start. What did they have this season, one Shield round before the Perth Test? Ridiculous.

Bring on the 3rd test.
Where I come from, if you're NOT related to someone, you just swap dogs........ :)

I'll grab my hat and coat on the way out!

Bring on the 3rd test.
Well, looks like all the half decisions will be going AGAINST you Matt, you just kicked all my mates out!!

I thought the Mods were going to be DRS and holding the fort here on Ozcard, ah well, back to the nets lads lol

My team, not sure if someone injured.
Khawaja, Warner, smith, Marcus Harris, kurtis pattinson, Glenn maxwell, Stoinis, Nevill, pat cummins, starc, hazelwood.

What irritates me is that quite often Australia are the innovators.

And when other teams are down, we supply them coaching and tactic nous.

EG : Bayliss to England (right before an Ashes) [with intimate knowledge of the NSW / CA set up and players FFS!!!]. Or Gillespie.

Or coaching in IPL and County Cricket. So we get other teams up.

But oh no, when Australia are down, we just get kicked.

I remember Richie Benaud once, in response to feeling sorry for WI cricket and them getting flogged. He was indignant. No siree. No one cared a feather or a fig when the WI toured almost every summer and destroyed Australian batting line ups. So the WI could cop it now.

So, yeah. We're bad at the moment. It won't last. A new crop always returns. There's so much in interest in the junior levels and at BBL level, new players will arrive. It sucks to watch and wait, but things will get better. I like to whinge and moan in the moment but as I get older, you take a lot of this (like footy) with a pinch of salt.

There are no secrets left in cricket anymore. Just last month Ross Taylor was shown swearing at Kohli in Hindi. Regardless of movement of coaching staff, players know each other too well now for any one team to have the upper hand for too long.

I would like to see the Matador Cup pushed to later in the season somewhere, to allow the players to have at least three or so Shield games before the Tests start. What did they have this season, one Shield round before the Perth Test? Ridiculous.
I was only saying the same thing last night to a mate.

Play the shield completely over and done before the BBL. start in either 1st week on October, or even the last week in September and end it in late December, then straight into the BBL. The BBL is done and dusted by the end of Jan, so that is when we have the Matador Cup. Feb rather than October. Can do same format.

If they need to start the Shield in late September, then they could take the first game to the country areas as the SCG, MCG etc will be sill being used for footy finals.

NSW are playing a game in Wollongong this year, that game could be the one in September instead of Feb which it is this summer. QLD could use Cairns, and VIC used Alice Springs and Junction RD before, SA have used Glenelg.

Using this formula, the test players would get three or four shield games in BEFORE the first test (providing they don't play any more away Mickey mouse ODI tournaments where we send third string teams and get flogged 5-0 again).

I was only saying the same thing last night to a mate.

Play the shield completely over and done before the BBL. start in either 1st week on October, or even the last week in September and end it in late December, then straight into the BBL. The BBL is done and dusted by the end of Jan, so that is when we have the Matador Cup. Feb rather than October. Can do same format.

If they need to start the Shield in late September, then they could take the first game to the country areas as the SCG, MCG etc will be sill being used for footy finals.

NSW are playing a game in Wollongong this year, that game could be the one in September instead of Feb which it is this summer. QLD could use Cairns, and VIC used Alice Springs and Junction RD before, SA have used Glenelg.

Using this formula, the test players would get three or four shield games in BEFORE the first test (providing they don't play any more away Mickey mouse ODI tournaments where we send third string teams and get flogged 5-0 again).
Glenelg oval (Gliderol Stadium) is the home ground of the Glenelg Tigers SANFL team so that may not work here in footy season.

Glenelg oval (Gliderol Stadium) is the home ground of the Glenelg Tigers SANFL team so that may not work here in footy season.
May not use that oval, however I am sure they could find a suitable venue somewhere.

Call it country round and go out all over the place. NSW have hosted at least one game at a country venue for years. Coffs Harbour, Newcastle, Wollongong, Wagga Wagga to name a few from last few seasons. I know other states have done this at different times too. Think QLD took a game to Mackay or possibly Townsville recently....

Shield Watch - Thursday 17th Nov.

Khawaja got a ton. Burns 4.

Voges retired hurt, injured.

Ferguson, Smith and Warner haven't batted yet. Handscomb fell cheaply.

Back
Top Bottom