Yahoo Fantasy NBA Keeper League Trash Talk thread!

Re: Yahoo Fantasy NBA Keeper Leagues? PM interest in playing!

Yes, I agree. It was an accidental offer so happy to let it slide.

If it was an offer and then a change of mind it might be a different story ;)

Very gentlemanly of you.

Have now offered you Grant Hill for Lou Will instead if you're keen :)

Anyone who missed the league e-mail I sent yesterday, could you please e-mail me your e-mail address to:
shi [email protected] (no spaces)

I plan on sending you all spreadsheets weekly showing the stat leaders and such so you can compare you team to the rest of the league and see what needs improving. Adds another element of hands on too I think :)

Hurry! First 1 due tonight!

Nice spreadsheet, shows how **** my team is :p

Only thing is the turnover position needs to be reversed as less is more! When that's done I'll be #1 in a category :woot:

Nice spreadsheet, shows how **** my team is :p

Only thing is the turnover position needs to be reversed as less is more! When that's done I'll be #1 in a category :woot:

Oh yeah! Bugger...I reordered it on the other half of the spreadsheet! hehe I couldn't find a formula to do opposite rankings...will edit it and will be sending out as a normal excell file too for those that can't open it.

What a rip off....dropped Bargnani two days ago and picked up Brad Miller only for it to sit in waiver limbo and finally just get snatched away tonight. So effectivly i lose two players....nice!

Can someone tell me exactly how the waiver system works? I always thought that once i make a drop/add i move to the end of the waiver list and other people get first preference on players. How is it that other people last week were dropping and adding 3 people at a time??? Wouldn't they go to the end of the list after one addition?

PS: I owe Collingwood FC a Beeyatch slap ;)

*EDIT* Hang on, i think i've figured it out. The only players that the waiver rule apply to is recently dropped players....not players that have been free agents for a while. Is that correct? Sort of explains everything that i have just mentioned above.

What a rip off....dropped Bargnani two days ago and picked up Brad Miller only for it to sit in waiver limbo and finally just get snatched away tonight. So effectivly i lose two players....nice!

Can someone tell me exactly how the waiver system works? I always thought that once i make a drop/add i move to the end of the waiver list and other people get first preference on players. How is it that other people last week were dropping and adding 3 people at a time??? Wouldn't they go to the end of the list after one addition?

PS: I owe Collingwood FC a Beeyatch slap ;)

*EDIT* Hang on, i think i've figured it out. The only players that the waiver rule apply to is recently dropped players....not players that have been free agents for a while. Is that correct? Sort of explains everything that i have just mentioned above.

Haha yeah it only applies to recently dropped players. They sit on waivers for 2 days and anyone can make a claim on them in that time. If you wanted to keep Bargnani until Miller came off waivers, you shouldn't have dropped him straight out, instead you make a claim for Miller that IF you get him, you drop Bargnani.

Anywho, if you make a waiver claim, you then drop to the back of the line as long as it is successful.

I thought you were showing your hand a bit early by dropping a player and not picking one up. I put in for Miller as well and I was 4th on the list. Damn CFC!

I thought you were showing your hand a bit early by dropping a player and not picking one up. I put in for Miller as well and I was 4th on the list. Damn CFC!

Haha yeah I knew what he was doing as soon as I saw that Bargs was dropped!
Getting Miller might look solid now, particularly since CFC could 'Keep' him as his 14th round pick :blink:, but if the Kings keep losing I would expect to see them turn to the way they have been starting this season, with Hawes as a starter and Jason Thompson off the bench. They are the future. Miller is good, but they need to prepare for the future. Could see a trade happen cause no 1 wants a pot head as your veteren team leader, and they do have good youth in the big man role.

Well after the uncerimonious dumping of his team Captain and namesake, Korver 3Ball Thunder still rolls on :D

New stat sheet sent to all.

Whose ABA all stars? He was a big no show last week, coulda got a couple more points off me if he'd bothered to play a couple of his bench players.

Whose ABA all stars? He was a big no show last week, coulda got a couple more points off me if he'd bothered to play a couple of his bench players.

Will get into him...was warned against letting him play, but needed the numbers...Not good enough that he's missing weeks already.

Will get into him...was warned against letting him play, but needed the numbers...Not good enough that he's missing weeks already.

Hey dudes just been alittle busy but hopefully things will quiet down so i can change my roster, i played this game a few years ago, i thought i kept my main players in it be ok, but if a player not playing that day and i roster him on does that count as a play or N/A? do have to keep on changing roster every day so if only 3 players are playing that day then you bench the rest etc etc each day, thanks

Hey dudes just been alittle busy but hopefully things will quiet down so i can change my roster, i played this game a few years ago, i thought i kept my main players in it be ok, but if a player not playing that day and i roster him on does that count as a play or N/A? do have to keep on changing roster every day so if only 3 players are playing that day then you bench the rest etc etc each day, thanks

You only get points if the player's playing that day and is not 'BN'. You can set your roster as far in advance as you want just go to your team then select the days at the top, you can set it 2 weeks in advance and only need to check occasionally. Please make the effort to do that if you can.

Given that there is the 3 year rule i guess i could live with 5.

Also, just to clarify when a player is traded the 3 year contract resets (from the beginning of the current season) doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom