Yahoo fantasy Basketball

League complete, we draft tuesday night 9 pm est.

Auto pick draft so set your order.

Draft order will be Automatic

i like a live draft, how does an automatic draft work buzzy? ive only done fantasy for the first time last year and we did live draft.

League complete, we draft tuesday night 9 pm est.

Live draft!!!! if you can't make it, it will defult back to your Auto pick draft order so set your order.

Is there anyway we can do it another time? say thursday night or something coz im at work tuesday night and really wanna be a part of it

If it's at all possible, I'd prefer a live draft.
Autopick drafts are hard because you might end up with 8 guards and no centers.
I wonder whether we might be able to do a live draft on the forum like the other eague has where we start a thread and you post your pick on the board.
When you have made your pick you pm the next person.

i like a live draft, how does an automatic draft work buzzy? ive only done fantasy for the first time last year and we did live draft.

Auto drafts work with everyone picking their top 100 or so players (rank 1-100 1 being most wanted) then the system automatically sorts through everyones pick in draft order. so say you were #1 pick and I was #2 and Matty was #3 and you had your top Three like this.
1Garnett
2Marion
3Kobe
And I had Mine like this
1Garnett
2Marion
3Kobe
I can't have Garnett as you had already selected him with the #1 pick so it would take my next highest pick (marion). Then matty can't select Garnett or Marion, and so on down the list.
It's the quickest way but like Locky said you can end up with loaded postions. Thats why I reckon the live draft is the Go

If it's at all possible, I'd prefer a live draft.
Autopick drafts are hard because you might end up with 8 guards and no centers.
I wonder whether we might be able to do a live draft on the forum like the other eague has where we start a thread and you post your pick on the board.
When you have made your pick you pm the next person.

I don't want to go down that path as it's been over a month and we are still not through the draft!:(. Plus we have 2 extra people in out league so it'll take too long cause no one can get access 3 times a day to get the draft moving)

Is there anyway we can do it another time? say thursday night or something coz im at work tuesday night and really wanna be a part of it

Sure mate I just through that out their cause it was good me and a few others but thursday is good for me too!

If anyone has any problems with thursday let me know by posting here.

I just check the drafting times and they are shockers!!!!! 12am to 1pm and then a 11pm one. With keeping in mind that it could take upto an hour, what do you reckon with a 6 am draft or should we do a mid morning draft on the weekend??????

Auto drafts work with everyone picking their top 100 or so players (rank 1-100 1 being most wanted) then the system automatically sorts through everyones pick in draft order. so say you were #1 pick and I was #2 and Matty was #3 and you had your top Three like this.
1Garnett
2Marion
3Kobe
And I had Mine like this
1Garnett
2Marion
3Kobe
I can't have Garnett as you had already selected him with the #1 pick so it would take my next highest pick (marion). Then matty can't select Garnett or Marion, and so on down the list.
It's the quickest way but like Locky said you can end up with loaded postions. Thats why I reckon the live draft is the Go

I don't want to go down that path as it's been over a month and we are still not through the draft!:(. Plus we have 2 extra people in out league so it'll take too long cause no one can get access 3 times a day to get the draft moving)

Sure mate I just through that out their cause it was good me and a few others but thursday is good for me too!

If anyone has any problems with thursday let me know by posting here.

I just check the drafting times and they are shockers!!!!! 12am to 1pm and then a 11pm one. With keeping in mind that it could take upto an hour, what do you reckon with a 6 am draft or should we do a mid morning draft on the weekend??????

Just been reading mate, and I notice that people that don;t pick in live drafts actually have the computer picking positions that teams need, and so they don;t become loaded at certain positions. The computer integrates.

Just been reading mate, and I notice that people that don;t pick in live drafts actually have the computer picking positions that teams need, and so they don;t become loaded at certain positions. The computer integrates.

Yeah thats in the live drafts,(they work really well from what I've heard).
I was talking about if we ran auto draft!:cool:

well, i never do live draft because it makes me more confused LOL.. but live drafts are really fun, unless someone's eating or watching tv while drafting... i once felt asleep doing live draft in the afternoon, because about 4 guys from north and south america people are taking so long..

well, i never do live draft because it makes me more confused LOL.. but live drafts are really fun, unless someone's eating or watching tv while drafting... i once felt asleep doing live draft in the afternoon, because about 4 guys from north and south america people are taking so long..

But they only have 1.5mins to take a pick, how is that long??

Pretty sure an autodraft goes the same way though...? Can;t see why they'd have a different computer system.

Narh it's kind different, it takes in to mind not overloading 1 position but if they have multi position eligibility it can over load you. I.e Ricky Davis is a SF/SG, They take him as as a SF which adds to the 3 guards it's already picked. I really comes into play with picking late round (bench players) as you can get over loaded at the G positions

Beause of the crap draft times I think the best option is a SAT 10:30am live draft. that way it'll give us plenty of time to prepair etc.

Thoughts????

I will be available then...might be only half awake as im a night shift worker, but should be right! :)

Saturday morning is no good for me
So I'm spending some time tonight setting my pre-draft rankings, you know, putting all of the Golden State players in the top 10 and that :)
Man that yahoo pre-draft ranking thing is completely out of whack towards the end there!

Back
Top Bottom