Xmas Breaks - Marvel, Movies, Star Wars and odd stuff!

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Bought a bunch of boxes on Black Friday to open on Chrissie...here are the results !

First off a couple of boxes of Marvel Beginnings 3 netted me 2 nice sketches. Dr Strange (?) by Magno and Spider Woman by Saldajeno.

Xmas BEG3.jpg

Next up, 3 boxes of DC Women of Legend. Really like the Zantana by Kimberly Dunnaway, might hang on to that one...no clue who the other characters are though...

Xmas WoL.jpg

Now for something totally different, I gave a box of James Bond Archives a go, hoping for one of the Bonds or their lovely ladies. Got one of the supposed rarer auto's, but now I just can't get that flamin "I take the morning train " song out of my head!

Xmas JB-1 (Large).jpg

For something different again, let's try Start Trek Aliens. Nothing spectacular here, I recognise some of the races, but not these characters particularly.. No sketch in my boxes, but I believe they are fairly scarce.

Xmas STA-1 (Large).jpg

Xmas STA-2 (Large).jpg

Went another box of Guardians of the Galaxy. Wasn't a strong box, but did at least deliver a box topper sketch by Marcelo Ferreira (already found a home for that) and a character sketch by Mike Vasquez I think..

GOTG OS2 (Medium).jpg

Xmas GG-1 (Large).jpg

Went 4 of Captain America Winter Soldier as I'm going to try and complete the silver set and maybe even the costume cards. Did pretty well, pulling a couple of the more expensive Black Widow cards and an Auto to boot. Haven't figured out the characters on the far right two sketches, though they don't look too bad...

xmas cap-1 (Large).jpg

xmas cap-2 (Large).jpg

For something really different, and a pretty fun break, I went 2 boxes of Topps 75th anniversary. Managed to get 3 auto's I really wanted (top row) and another 2 I'll likely keep as well. My buyback cards were A-team and American Werewolf cards. The /75 diamond sparkles, Brady Bunch and Gremlins.

Xmas 75th-1 (Large).jpg

Xmas 75th-2 (Large).jpg

More odd stuff with a couple of boxes of Panini Americana Heroes and Legends. The interest in these for me being the Astronauts and I did pretty well getting a /49 of Gemini and Apollo 12 Astronaut Richard "D1ck" Gordon. Also got a Tuskagee Airman and at least I remember who Greg Louganis is ! Not too sure on the sports ladies, but while only a parallel I think Hope Solo has a bit of a following too.

Xmas PA1 (Large).jpg

Xmas PA2 (Large).jpg

Back to some more normal fare, with a box of Castle. Not a bad auto in Teri Polo, who I remember from The West Wing and other stuff..

Xmas CAS-1 (Large).jpg

And of course, it wouldn't be Christmas without some Star Wars somewhere! Firstly two cheap boxes of Jedi Legacy, the usual film cells, one of them a very nice triple with a Vader scene from each original trilogy movie, and one can never have too much Ewok fur!

Xmas JL (Large).jpg

Next a box of Galactic Files 2. No auto unfortunately, but at least I got a reasonable sketch/art card. Pity about the machine lines, I might try and remove them with an eraser or something.. Oh and if your /10 gold has to be a planet, I guess Tatooine is the best one to get !! Hopefully it'll bring in a few bucks!

Xmas GF2 (Large).jpg

And lastly, I went one more Star Wars Chrome Perspectives. Still no auto, but I did get a nice Tim Proctor sketch I think I'll PC and a printing plate that should help pay for the box as they are going for some decent prices.

Xmas SWCP (Large).jpg

And that's the end! A good bit of fun, and some nice PC adds as well as a few nice cards to move.

Thanks for looking!

Yeah Hope Solo, for a while, was the poster girl for US womens soccer. But she had a tendency to run her mouth, and caused friction in the national squad. Then this year it all went tits up, she was caught up in the iCloud hack with her nude selfies being released publically and now she's facing two counts of misdemeanor domestic assault after a fight at a family gathering.

Some cool interesting breaks here. Box topper sketch is nice.

Now get with the NASCAR! :D

Some good breaks. If your interested in moving the Jedi legacy tripple film cel card and the tatooine gold card , PM me could be interested

Some good breaks. If your interested in moving the Jedi legacy tripple film cel card and the tatooine gold card , PM me could be interested
G'Day Mate, might hang on to the triple for now. Will be moving the gold though, probably see what it gets up to on ebay once the holidays are done. Feel free to shoot me an offer if you're interested though. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom