Xmas Boxes, Thor DW, Star Wars, DC and Marvel

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Broke a whole bunch of boxes yesterday with family that I'd bought over the past few months of Black Friday sales etc., and here are the highlights.

First off, 4 boxes of Thor The Dark World. No actor auto's unfortunately, some nice other stuff though. The Aether cards are nice, especially the variant red /10 one. Feel like a slab of glass! Hope we something like this in other releases.

And the Red -

And a bunch of costume cards, some decent ones amongst them..

A dual comic creator auto -

And then onto the sketches. Didn't do too bad here either.

Black Widow by Tina Berardi for the PC

Loki by Tony Santiago

Hulk by ????? Any Ideas ? Interesting sketch though..

And the big guy himself by Jason Saldajeno

Next some Star Wars stuff. I love Star Wars, grew up on it, but seems it's just a money spinning machine now... Only bought these because they were cheap. Sketch wise, I've always had bad luck when it came to Star Wars, looks a bit better this time around though.

First off Jedi Legacy. Pulled a film cell and real genuine Ewok fur ! LOL!!

Next anothert box of Galactic Files 2 as my first box delivered a pretty ordinary pencil sketch. This one did better with a nice Boba Fett. Also pulled an Obi Wan medallion and a Gold and Red foil parallel which will hopefully recoup some of the box.

Boba Fett by ????

Obi wan Medallion

Red Foil /35

Gold Foil /10

Lastly I took a stab at Star Wars Illustrated A New Hope which is based on the radio drama which sadly I'm old enough to remember listening to when it first came out! The base cards are a bit myeh, but have seen some nice sketches and managed to pull a pretty good panorama by Mikey Babinski.One of the rebel pilots, but not sure which one.

Okay, so now a few DC Comics -

A box of Batman The Legend got me this Red Hood by Marat Mychaels

Superman The Legend gave me this Imperiex (?) by Dave "Pops" Tata

DC the New 52 delivered Green Lantern by Andy Price (I think)

Then it was on to Marvel -

Beginnings 2 brought me this guy (???) by Optic Nerve. Only pencil, but love the style in this one..

Beginnings 3 gave me a nice Iron Man by Mendoza

And a printing plate -

Marvel Universe gave me this one by Nanato - haven't sorted out the Character yet, any help appreciated !

While you're at it, who is the Elvis impersonator by Lagunsad ???

Then two more boxes of Women of Marvel 2. Loving the sexy sketches in these, like this one of Asp by Cezar Razek !

But someone needs to explain to me what the heck this is ?? No offense, but what happened to sexy ?? LOL ! Artist is Jed Thomas, but I've searched and I have no idea who these people are...HELP!! My first two piece puzzle from this too...what a waste...

And lastly I went one more box of Bronze Age. I nearly gave it a miss, but glad I gave it one more go as it delivered big time. My first ever big puzzle and a PC hit to boot !!
Here's Noval Henawan's homage to John Byrnes Dark Phoenix saga ! Very cool !

And that's it, been hard sitting on the boxes for the past month or so, but the break was fun, so well worth it !!

Awesome bunch of breaks Trevor! The Bronze age puzzle sketch will have to be the hit of the breaks though. Not sure you can get a case bg enough for it though!

The Jed Thomas WoM2 sketch is of 'Big Bertha' and 'Dinah Soar' (I only know this because I was given a Marvel Ultimate Character Guide for Xmas and remember seeing those two when I browsed through it!)

The Aether from Thor look really cool. Do you know how many are in the set? All four of the sketches from Thor look really good, but I especially like the Black Widow and Hulk.

Not a Star Wars fan, but the Wookie costume looks pretty cool (I dressed up as him for a birthday party once and let's just say the costume was returned a little worse for wear... :whistle: although I did meet my fiancé while dressed as Wookie!)

Nice bunch of sketches from the Batman, Superman and Marvel. All look to be pretty decent hits - even the Optic Nerve pencil sketch looks really well done.

Thanks guys, apparently the Aether's are a full set parallel, so there's 60 off them...that'd be a chase !

Thanks for the ID, is that the really big book that's about 3 inches thick ? Saw it a while back and thought it might be useful...what are your thoughts ? Might have to grab one some day if it's going to help...

Yeah, the puzzle is the highlight for sure!

Nice breaks, in particular the puzzle sketch! Really like the Green Lantern sketch too.

I think the Nonato sketch character is American Eagle and your Lagunsad sketch is of Luke Cage.

Thanks guys, apparently the Aether's are a full set parallel, so there's 60 off them...that'd be a chase !

Thanks for the ID, is that the really big book that's about 3 inches thick ? Saw it a while back and thought it might be useful...what are your thoughts ? Might have to grab one some day if it's going to help...

Yeah, the puzzle is the highlight for sure!

I think I know the book your referring too, but this one is a lot smaller - about 3/4 the size of an A4 and 3/4" thick - and has about 200 different characters each with a 1-page bio.

I think I know the book your referring too, but this one is a lot smaller - about 3/4 the size of an A4 and 3/4" thick - and has about 200 different characters each with a 1-page bio.
Had a look in a bookshop this morning, think i saw the DC version of yours, but they didn't have a Marvel one. Will keep my eye out anyway..

Had a look in a bookshop this morning, think i saw the DC version of yours, but they didn't have a Marvel one. Will keep my eye out anyway..

I read the posts about the Marvel character ID book and thought what I good idea. Found the hardback encyclopedia on eBay and it should arrive next week. As for the Nanato sketch above, wasn't there a character called 'Indian Chief' or something like that.......?

Trevor, you did really well on the sketches. I think the marvel beginnings sketch is 'Electro'. I could be wrong but it looks like him.

Back
Top Bottom