WWE on Free TV!!!

kind of like a recap show.. not as good as raw or smackdown but at least it'll be free haha

From Wikipedia....

Hosted by Josh Mathews WWE Afterburn is a World Wrestling Entertainment syndicated television show which recaps events taking place on SmackDown! Along with WWE Bottom Line it replaced the WWE's previous syndicated highlight show Superstars. The show was broadcast in the USA from May 2002 to September 2005 when it was removed from syndication.

Afterburn still airs in international markets to fulfill programming commitments. It is broadcast in Germany on Premiere, the UK on Sky Sports, in South Africa on Supersport, in Indonesia on Lativi, in South Asia on Ten Sports, in Italy on GXT, and in Philippines on Jack TV.

If anyone does have Foxtel, for the last month or so they have been showing TNA on Sat nights, wich is pretty much the new equivalent of WCW with starts Angle, Nash, Sting, Booker T, Jeff Jarret, Billy Gunn etc. They have done one weird thing though, its not a four sided ring? I think its 6 sided, only been able to catch a few episodes and they don't repeat them.

TNA's been going on for years though.. I reckon if you want excitement and amazing moves, TNA has it. They do moves WWE wouldn't even attempt in their dreams.. But they have crappy storylines cheesy commentating, etc. WWE brings the drama.

Pity Angle went to TNA.. he looks way weaker in TNA than he did in WWE. But they do have talent on their own.. aj stiles and the fallen angel is good to watch especially all the xdivisions.. they also have female wrestlers who can actually wrestle!

I still dont get it....ive watched a little of this on foxtel and frankly the acting is..shall we say sad..
Not having a dig here...each to there own i say but shurly no1 thinks this stuffs for real:eek:

I still dont get it....ive watched a little of this on foxtel and frankly the acting is..shall we say sad..
Not having a dig here...each to there own i say but shurly no1 thinks this stuffs for real:eek:

Agree...I can't be sure, but I swear it was done better in the good old days with Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant etc. etc. Probably was just as outrageous, but being about 10 year old would have helped! Once you see what happens in mixed martial arts...you can't be under any illusion that world wrestling is anything but a bunch of chunky old men dancing.

haha nobody believes they're real though. Just fun to watch. Kinda like watching action films and stuntmen, no one believes they're real or the fighting is real but it's just fun to watch. Unlike MMA which can end in 1 minute or less and most often than not spends 60% of the time on the mat, there's more things to see in wrestling. Though I do miss the times when submissions were common in wrestling.

here's my favorite move in TNA:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx0sUv63JMw]YouTube - petey williams finisher-canadian destroyer[/ame]

here's a good match i saw recently:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMYjYQhpDxA]YouTube - Ultimate X - Chris Sabin V AJ Styles V Petey Williams Part 2[/ame]

here's my favorite move in TNA:

Geez! Imagined he screwed that up!

Agree...I can't be sure, but I swear it was done better in the good old days with Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant etc. etc. Probably was just as outrageous, but being about 10 year old would have helped! Once you see what happens in mixed martial arts...you can't be under any illusion that world wrestling is anything but a bunch of chunky old men dancing.

Exactly, noone believes its real at all. The acting has def gotten worse as the most of the guys are rather being pumped up than have the sort of charisma to draw the crowd. Hogan was the best, he was slow, had relatively crappy moves, but was able to use his charisma to make the world love him no matter what he did. Stone cold and the Rock were pretty good in recent times, but these days its not as good with only a few wrestlers having the potential to keep a crowd entertained.

Exactly, noone believes its real at all. The acting has def gotten worse as the most of the guys are rather being pumped up than have the sort of charisma to draw the crowd. Hogan was the best, he was slow, had relatively crappy moves, but was able to use his charisma to make the world love him no matter what he did. Stone cold and the Rock were pretty good in recent times, but these days its not as good with only a few wrestlers having the potential to keep a crowd entertained.

Yeah, Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock were pretty good, and there was still I guess some small semblance of a "storyline" going through it...interesting rivalries etc. But I don't find it entertaining at all, they don't come anywhere near making it look realistic, I'd rather watch an action flick that is fake (and knows it) that actually does the job right.

MMA bouts may last for only a minute...who cares? I'd much rather watch one minute of action where it ends with a decisive kick/punch, or a slick submission move than 10-20 minutes of "action" where one guy gets pile driven 5 times, yet comes back to full speed and power to win the bout. But to each their own. :thumbsup:

TNA's crap.

I heard that Angle is going to UFC or MMA at least....

really?!?! that is awesome! Angle needs to fight real fights. He's turning into a waste in tna. Is this a rumor or is something in the making? I bet he'd last longer than Brock did haha.

WWE has degenerated over the last 4 years and seems to want TNA to become a competitor. Their story lines have regularly gone nowhere and their standard of wrestling has dropped well below par. They seem intent on pushing wrestlers that will sell t-shirts and crap to 10 year olds instead of guys who can work impressive matches, and it is reflected in the show - went to a Smackdown event earlier this year and it was BY FAR the worst wrestling show I had seen, felt ripped off even.
TNA is slowly but surely building a strong base of fans and improving their production values. While they may not pack on the drama the way WWE does, their plots are becoming more realistic and coherent (or maybe it is just the the WWE is getting that bad). And as for the ringwork, TNA is already streets ahead of the formulated and predictable WWE & Awesome Kong shows what women's wrestling is all about.

As for Wrestling vs MMA they are two completely different things, one is a competative sport while the other is perfomance "art" - though I use the term art very, very loosely.

Back
Top Bottom