WTC

I'm so incredibly proud to follow the Black Caps. Not just for their cricketing prowess.

Hopefully countries will put some of the quest for profits aside and play them more often with extended series.

Competing against Australia in Australia is the one missing thing that needs to be rectified. I think they are most definitely good enough, especially with Jamieson who is the bowler we have always needed on Australian pitches. Conway will stand up at the top, and Blundell is good against the short ball in the middle order. One day hopefully. It would be great for both countries if that could start to become a competitive blockbuster. Especially in Covid times.

Enjoy it Cam; it makes Lords hurt a little less.

Now it is over, I'm looking forward to not being a sleep-deprived zombie.

I agree with you thoughts, let's hope we can transfer that to the T20 WC in a few months ?
We have always had a few world class players in our teams, but at present the standard through
the squad down to 15/16 is so high, looks good for the future. Is a shame now the bulk of the team
have to end up in a hotel room by themselves for two weeks.
The WTC has been a great lift to the format. Not the best that you only play 2/3rds of the
teams and three teams aren't involved at all. But a two year cycle is a perfect time frame
in my mind. The deeper the cycle goes with as many teams still in with a shot of making
the final the better. India's wish to have the final played over a three match series is just to
hard to schedule.

Back
Top Bottom