Would you pay over book for a card you really wanted?

Would you pay over beckett value for a card you really wanted/needed?

• Yes

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ozballer23 said:
just curious bro, what does that book at and why is it so hard to find?

I have no idea why its so hard to find but I have NEVER seen one. There is supposedly 1000 but I don't know where they are. Out of all the Edge cards from 1996 its the only card I need. It books at $12. I have all the other variations:

1996 Collectors Edge 9 Time Warp 12000
1996 Collectors Edge 9 Time Warp Holofoil 2500
1996 Collectors Edge 9 Time Warp Vintage Autographs 1000
1996 Collectors Edge 9 Time Warp Factory Set -
1996 Collectors Edge P1 Time Warp Promo -
1996 Collectors Edge P1 Time Warp Holofoil Promo -

chadjaja® said:
Good to see this place has changed in the last year or so :-D

Just rip out the middle of your mag guys..;-)

I was thinking that myself Chaddles, I remember we had this discussion maybe a year ago and the majority thought BV still meant something - how times change :)

Hi,
I was after the Larry Johnson Auto from 00-01 Finest. I have only seen 2 on ebay in about 6 years I think it books at US$20 - 30???? (this could be wrong as it has been a while since I seen it in a beckett). The first one I got outbid at US$120, so the next time I seen it I went stupid and put in a last second bid for US$240 but I got it for US$150, so the answer for me is YES, as my dad said "value is in the eye of the beholder".
Thanks AJ:rolleyes:

MavsMan© said:
Damn..... that is a tough question.

Do you think Beckett will make a guide for Tasmanian's??? I know, you're probably wondering.... "WHO"....
There is one made for the Tassie folk but the pigeon must not have dropped it off yet.

i have many times paid over bv on cards,i think the cards that have been produced over the last 4 to 5 years (that i collect for my pc) go under the bv, it is generally the very rare cards that you don't see much on ebay that will go over the bv (which obviously makes sense). Alot of the exquisite cards on ebay go way over the bv esp the rookie cards.

oz-antoine said:
I have no idea why its so hard to find but I have NEVER seen one. There is supposedly 1000 but I don't know where they are. Out of all the Edge cards from 1996 its the only card I need. It books at $12. I have all the other variations:

1996 Collectors Edge 9 Time Warp 12000
1996 Collectors Edge 9 Time Warp Holofoil 2500
1996 Collectors Edge 9 Time Warp Vintage Autographs 1000
1996 Collectors Edge 9 Time Warp Factory Set -
1996 Collectors Edge P1 Time Warp Promo -
1996 Collectors Edge P1 Time Warp Holofoil Promo -

I had a look on the bay, and i saw a reg and promo. There was a gold, of another player that was numbered to 1000.

MavsMan© said:
Do you think Beckett will make a guide for Tasmanian's???

They were thinking about it but costs blew out since they had to make it twice as wide....you know....so both heads could read at once!! :p ;)

oz-antoine said:
But 1/1s don't book? Isn't that about all you need! :)

Yeah, pretty much! I do need a few other cards that are not 1/1's like the 98-99 Skybox Thuder Rave and Super Rave, which might as well be 1/1's..ha ha...

Although I would pay a lot more then the normal selling price for these 1/1 Larry Johnson cards...Say a Jordan printing plate sold for $200...I would pay that or more for an L J, even though they shouldn't sell for the same amount.

Wish me luck...

twentysomething said:
There is an insert card that I've been wanting to pick up ever since it was released in 98/99 thats ending on ebay shortly. The BV of this card is $80 however whenever there is one on ebay they generally sell for $100 - $120.

This card i mentioned I was going for finished minutes ago for $108.75 US - BV $80US.....just missed out on it with a bid of $106.50 :mad:

Once again well above BV.

Bugger!

Cheers
Matt

Mate its a card that was a tough pull back when it was released, and one I've been trying to pick up ever since.

98/99 UD Game Jersey - Penny Hardaway $80 BV - $110 Ebay Value

7f_1_b.JPG

Hopefully another one comes up again soon......and hopefully ill get it at BV;)

Cheers
Matt

Are they numbered Matt?? Is there any reason why a "normal" jersey card would go for such a premium??

Back
Top Bottom