Would you pay over book for a card you really wanted?

Would you pay over beckett value for a card you really wanted/needed?

• Yes

Votes: 35 94.6%
  • No

Votes: 2 5.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ozballer23

#1 J.R. Smith Collector
Real Name
Norm
To me, prersonally bv doesnt mean much when I am purchasing a card, especially when I really like it! Just want to see how many people out there would go over bv when paying for a card!

If i needed it then yes i would get it, however if i wanted it for the sake that it looks good and that it's not all that rare then more often then not, i'd let it slide

i dont think there is such a thing as "over paying" (within reason) for PC cards, its how much value you put on them...when buying stuff u want to trade or sell it becomes very important i guess, but for PC i would pay over book :)

Yes, most deifnitely. I regularly pay over beckett for the autos I am after.

I give no consideration whatsoever to BV
I think it is redundant now when buying cards
As I buy my cards almost exclusively from eBay a completed items search is much more helpful
For older cards I which sont come up in the completed items search I work out how limited they are and decide on what I think is a fair price.
I really do get surprised when people pull cards and their first question is
'Anyone know what the BV is?'

Most certainly. There is an insert card that I've been wanting to pick up ever since it was released in 98/99 thats ending on ebay shortly. The BV of this card is $80 however whenever there is one on ebay they generally sell for $100 - $120.

At the end of the day, Im happy to pay what I personally think the card is worth. In some cases that figure is higher than the magical number beckett puts on cards, and for a lot of older cards, most generally go for a fraction of the prices listed in beckett.

Cheers
Matt

twentysomething said:
The BV of this card is $80 however whenever there is one on ebay they generally sell for $100 - $120.

Which is exactly why BV suck ass - they never seem to give a fair value on some cards. Some cards are way undervalued (priced at $40BV but sell for $200 regularly) whereas some cards are stupidly overpriced (they list at $500BV but sell for $100)

hill33 said:
Which is exactly why BV suck ass - they never seem to give a fair value on some cards. Some cards are way undervalued (priced at $40BV but sell for $200 regularly) whereas some cards are stupidly overpriced (they list at $500BV but sell for $100)
theyre also lazy and very rarely update prices on the old cards

however, answering the question:
if i really need it, then ill pay over bv

but it also depends what the bv is - if its a low bv like $10, id be more inclined to not worry about overpaying, whereas id be reluctant to pay $100 on a $50 card (unless market price is $100+)

ozballer23 said:
To me, prersonally bv doesnt mean much when I am purchasing a card, especially when I really like it! Just want to see how many people out there would go over bv when paying for a card!

Beckett BV is not accurate anymore... So I will pay for a card if I really wanted it and if the price is affordable... I will pay for it even if its more than what is stated in the Beckett. Doesn't really matter specially if you really want the card...

Good to see this place has changed in the last year or so :-D

Just rip out the middle of your mag guys..;-)

If someone can find the 96 Edge Time Warp GOLD Malone/Walker I'll pay double book!

Other than that I don't tale much notice but it is helpful when working out trades sometimes.

oz-antoine said:
If someone can find the 96 Edge Time Warp GOLD Malone/Walker I'll pay double book!

Other than that I don't tale much notice but it is helpful when working out trades sometimes.

just curious bro, what does that book at and why is it so hard to find?

Yep,Did that to get my Hondo Epic auto.

BV is not my price guide when it comes to trading or buying for PC stuff.

It all goes round in the end:lol:

Agree with you Lippo !

As for the question...if I REALLY wanted the card I would pay over BV but I rarely want a card that much :)

Back
Top Bottom