World Cup 2015

What happened at the end there?? LBW given, challenge, then Jimmy A finds himself run out almost as an afterthought :confused:
How was the ball not dead once Taylor had been given??
Had no real bearing on the result, but there may have been a 100 there, and it was such an anticlimactic end.

The ICC have apologised for the error that led to the incorrect run-out decision against James Anderson last night. Watching it at the time, I'd assumed that the run-out had occurred before the umpire had raised his finger (as he took a little while to do it) and the ball might be deemed "live" but replays and still photographs show that this was not the case.

Umpiring mistakes happen, they have done as long as the game has been played. However, for three officials to actually not know and/or implement a basic law of the game I think requires more than a brief "we got it wrong" press release. I am anti-sacking wherever possible but I think that either the match referee, third umpire or the on-field umpires should have faced the press to explain what happened, in the name of integrity and transparency.

Clarke and Faulkner in, Hazlewood and Watson out.
its good that Mark Nicholas has been kicked out of the commentary box, hopefully hes kicked out of the channel 9 studio.

I was happy to see Maxwell hit a few runs yesterday, hope he has a great World Cup.

Great atmosphere at the Adelaide oval, should be in for a cracker match.

Back
Top Bottom