Wolvesjr34's PC Website

wolvesjr34

Morrow Super Collector
Real Name
AJ
eBay User
wolvesjr34
http://www.wolvesjr34.co.uk/

As my other recent thread indicates, I've been seeing some recognition for my Timberwolves collection from overseas.

As a result I am updating my website... some of you may know it and some of you won't... Wolvesjr34.co.uk

I'm for the most part updating it alphabetically... I've completed all players with surnames starting with A & B. I've completed page one of Isaiah Rider and I've completed the Minnesota cards of Rashad McCants. So feel free to check it out and tell me what you think of the layout (with thanks to Matty who gave me the basic html code that I tweaked for the player pages).

Obviously at this point in time photobucket is still the place to see the "cool" cards - ie autos and relic cards. However my website will have pretty much every timberwolves card I have on it by the end. I intend to keep it updated also, so its a VERY good reference point to find out what I need. At the moment only a few players can be used as reference, given that I've only just begun the rescanning process. But it will be an excellent reference point.

You can navigate the major players by clicking on their name on the index page - other wise all other players can be accessed via the player menu on the right hand side of the page.

Appreciate any feedback (also posted this post at the end of the thread - just thought I'd update the first page).

Re: Wolvesjr34's PC/Trade dealio

Okay folks.... growing tired of the boringness of photobucket, so I have put together a brand spanking new website. Photobucket is still there, especially while I am finished getting organised... but....

http://www.users.bigpond.com/ajstuart4782/index.html

Is the home of my PC and trade cards... though so far have only done three pages of cards (and all their lil offshoots). Please feel free to have a gander and give me some feedback, greatly appreciated. Please remember it is just a work in progress..... so it will envolve constantly.

Well if I do - I HAVE to take a different tack than I currently am.... as I currently have each picture on individual pages once selected from the display page of 8.....

Might just make a separate section for base cards and cards I don't like so much, and put like six cards a page or something.... either that or just make it the Rider cards I document entirely....

I have way too many cards in the PC (I mean just think of the work involved in scanning all my KGs, Riders, Starburys and Wally worlds).... still I think that is the goal, but not likely at bigpond, as I won't have the webspace... only got 10mb of storage space and 100mb per month for people to view it.... Might use this as the website for a while while developing one for the other cards.....

Damn you and ideas that require heaps of work!!!

nice work AJ, wish i could be able to make a site like that, photobucket is alright for me tho. congrats, it looks super sweet at the moment :D

MetallicA' said:
nice work AJ, wish i could be able to make a site like that, photobucket is alright for me tho. congrats, it looks super sweet at the moment :D

Do you have scans of your cards? And who do you get your internet through? You should most likely have some webspace with them....

It's not too hard hehe

Maybe just scan up your prized collection, and put the rest on Photobucket site? I'd do that, put you your Riders, and Photobucket the rest.

MetallicA' said:
im with bigpond.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v408/blitztallica/

thats my photobucket website it hasnt got all my cards up on there yet though.

Well you are with bigpond, you have free webspace, do you have a program like dreamweaver? That's what I used.... don't think I am some coding genius, cos i ain't.... I am more a designer, letting the software code for me lol

I might design you a present later if I get bored/frustrated with my own site.... Perhaps a Ricky Davis page for you ;)

McCants has joined the fold... I've slightly altered the index page and the navigation for the individual player pages... but basically the same....

Still finding a way to make it more productive hehehe...

Have now included a trade page, and my MLB page is working through my Non-NBA Page - though the NFL and other cards pages linked form that page aren't working yet... ahhh this is obsessive I think I'll just mention again when it is done. LOL

Well done there aj...IM IMPRESSED !!!:D
Ide kill for a setup like that....just dont have the knowledge or patience to do it tho....CONGATS
STEVE

You don't need much knowledge if you have dreamweaver! Its a godsend... though it does involve a lot of patience and more than anything its editing an altering sizes of the card scans that requires patience.... who knows maybe I'll offer to do a website for someone when I am done with mine (though I would require access to scans etc and details for that persons webspace) for a couple of cards or something LOL

Hey there AJ - Love the website!!
I absolutely rate collecting JR!! Never said that when we traded - just a shame as u said on the site he went off the deep end.
I will never forget one blk he did on Patrick Ewing for the Twolves - sent it back to halfway - if u ever saw it u would know the one I mean!! One of the best i've ever seen
By the way i found a JR stad club rising stars insert from 94-95 I'd forgotten about. LMK if u need it. I have a link on the 'for sale' thread with Cwebb and Zo if u wanna see what it looks like.

Cheers
Al

ljandkg said:
Hey there AJ - Love the website!!
I absolutely rate collecting JR!! Never said that when we traded - just a shame as u said on the site he went off the deep end.
I will never forget one blk he did on Patrick Ewing for the Twolves - sent it back to halfway - if u ever saw it u would know the one I mean!! One of the best i've ever seen
By the way i found a JR stad club rising stars insert from 94-95 I'd forgotten about. LMK if u need it. I have a link on the 'for sale' thread with Cwebb and Zo if u wanna see what it looks like.

Cheers
Al
Hey thanks for that... currently in the process of scanning up all my Riders... they are all scanned, now I gotta cut each scan (in 9 pages) into individual cards.... but won't be long and I'll have my entire Rider collection on display.

And yeah I got that TSC Rising Stars card... thanks for the thought though!

ITS DONE! The monumental task of scanning and then creating pages for the Riders is done.... My entire 199 strong collection of Riders is now available for view.... so if you got one I don't have you know where to go!!!

Damn I am so exhausted LOL

Gday aj... was checkin your site out....
Very nice and yet easy to navigate !!!
Love the way to click on 1 card and takes you to all from that year...
AHHHH.. ye back to the topic at hand.
That rider card (ex2001) proto told you ide send a scan..
You already have it on your site:(

hsv006 said:
Gday aj... was checkin your site out....
Very nice and yet easy to navigate !!!
Love the way to click on 1 card and takes you to all from that year...
AHHHH.. ye back to the topic at hand.
That rider card (ex2001) proto told you ide send a scan..
You already have it on your site:(

Yes easy navigation is the goal..... and YAY glad you looked makes the work seem more worthwhile.... shame i have the card though :(

and FUG My shoulder is sore (to do with angle of seat, height of desk and constant use of mouse) LMAO

Back
Top Bottom