Wisden Cricketers of the Century stamp competition :-)

Matty76

Banned User
Real Name
Matt Gartside
eBay User
matt2009g
Hi all!

It is amazing what you find when you are spring cleaning! The following stamp sheets were issued to commemorate the naming of the five cricketers of the century in 2000 - Sir Donald Bradman, Sir Jack Hobbs, Shane Warne, Sir Garfield Sobers & Sir Isaac Vivian Alexander Richards :)

DSC00530.jpg

Anyhoo, the crux of the matter is that I would like to give them away - the stamp sheets I do have are of Bradman, Richards and Sobers and a sheet commemorating all five (top right).
To win, post a short CLEAN and witty limerick ("Matt the Mod" ok'd the comp on the proviso the limerick is clean!) below this post about Michael Clarke's 329 not out against India at the SCG. Entries close 5pm SA time on Saturday 14th July....and I pick the winner :)
Thanks!

Probably the wierdest comp i've seen but i'll give it a crack. Sorry slobs but I reckon it's alright ;)

There once was a man named slobby
He had a deep pashion for his hobby
He had a rival named durian
who outbid him again
So slobby became catastrophic

Even though i'm still not a fan of Michael "The wuss" Clarke I will admit that his innings was brillant. He just couldn't do a thing wrong for the entire test match. If i'm not mistaken he even got Sachin out? The fact that he declared with the thought of winning the test match when he had an easy 400 in sight showed some class. Probably the funniest thing for me was that Slazenger had just cut his sponsership and he played the entire innings with a clean skin bat haha.

The S.C.G was ready to rock
Clarke was on fire with his timing and shots
After breaking up with Bingle
He spent plenty of time in the middle
To give us 329 n.o and a brilliant knock

Back
Top Bottom