Who will be this years NAB Rising Star??

immune3

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Brad
eBay User
j.b.b.1
For me the hands down best first year player so far would have to be Rhys Palmer (Fremantle) he prob doesnt get enought press over here but to be a permanent part of the midfield rotation and get 20+ quality possessions every game he is a standout so far.....

What do you guys think??

Huh??? Best first year player???

I think not being a first year player is possibly the least of his troubles, the others include the fact his crap and not playing...but thanks for spotting that :worthy::thumbsup::worthy:

Then again...u don't have to be a first year...if we're strictly being serious

Palmer surely has it in the bag, 30 possessions in a lossing team

Carlisle for Port has been overlooked aswell loved his year, 2nd year but realistically his first season. he's gonna be a good Key backman in the years to come.

Carlisle for Port has been overlooked aswell loved his year, 2nd year but realistically his first season. he's gonna be a good Key backman in the years to come.

not after ports perfomance today.

is there betting for this stuff if so ill put all my money on palmer.

qualty KPP's never get recognition in awards, they always go to the stat rats

but i will make a statement now, someone mark my words!!!

Cotchin is hands down the best player in this draft BY A COUNTRY MILE and he WILL WIN the nab, and this is coming from a Pies supporter!!

dont get me wrong, Plamer is quality, but cotchin is something else. hes a creative in and under player who i reckon will become the dominate player in the AFL in years to come.

I'm with Darpy, the only reason he's not the red hot favourite is because of injuries.

It will be between him and Palmer.

This year reminds me of the 2000 award aswell. Hasleby won it that year by looking good in a terrible team, just like Palmer is this year. In 2000 it should have been Rama as he played every game and held his spot (a top 10 player) in the best single season team ever a much harder thing to do. Rioli may have been inconsistent this year but he is definately holding his own in a very successful team and that chouldn't be overlooked by the judges.

My Top 5 Places (How I think they'll go)
1. Cotchin
2. Palmer
3. Rioli
4. Kreuzer
5. Brown

NB. Either Cotcin or Kreuzer to be nominated this week, Kreuzers last quarter today may have just got him over the line.

so far from what we've seen this season Palmer is the hot favourite!
He is one of fremantle's leading pozzy getters, and has been very consistent to date.
Averaging 14 kicks and 9 handballs a game = av 23 disposals.

Had 30 pozzy's in a losing team today against Brisbane, 28 pozzy's against Port, 27 against Bulldogs, 29 against Adelaide and 24 against Wce. A fairly consistent ball winner in my eyes.

Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Disposals
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Kicks
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Inside 50s Per Game

A star player, whilst there has been other great performances such as Rioli and now Cotchin and Kreauzer ... i believe he has been the most consistent so far.

BTW .. im a WCE supporter!! haha

I agree Cotchin will be the best player from this draft....but he hasn't played enough to win it this year...

Maybe if he has a blinder second half, and Palmer and Rioli drop off.

Well Said :D

so far from what we've seen this season Palmer is the hot favourite!
He is one of fremantle's leading pozzy getters, and has been very consistent to date.
Averaging 14 kicks and 9 handballs a game = av 23 disposals.

Had 30 pozzy's in a losing team today against Brisbane, 28 pozzy's against Port, 27 against Bulldogs, 29 against Adelaide and 24 against Wce. A fairly consistent ball winner in my eyes.

Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Disposals
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Total Kicks
Ranked 1st among rising stars in Inside 50s Per Game

A star player, whilst there has been other great performances such as Rioli and now Cotchin and Kreauzer ... i believe he has been the most consistent so far.

BTW .. im a WCE supporter!! haha

DarthAnnihl8or said:
This year reminds me of the 2000 award aswell. Hasleby won it that year by looking good in a terrible team, just like Palmer is this year.

Sorry bud. Gotta completely disagree with you there. Our midfield sucks! Palmer is drawing plenty of attention for opposing sides and beating them ... reckon he could eventually be Freo's maiden Brownlow medal winner in the next 5 years!

Surely he'll get the rising star award!

Sorry bud. Gotta completely disagree with you there. Our midfield sucks! Palmer is drawing plenty of attention for opposing sides and beating them ... reckon he could eventually be Freo's maiden Brownlow medal winner in the next 5 years!

Surely he'll get the rising star award!

That is what I was saying, he's been great no doubt about it. But I think come years end Cotchin will have been the better player. Wither way I believe it will be a close run battle between the two.

I agree Cotchin will be the best player from this draft....but he hasn't played enough to win it this year...

Maybe if he has a blinder second half, and Palmer and Rioli drop off.

we are only half way through the season !!! last season pendles had the award stitched up and no one was close. it wasnt until about 5 rounds to go when he broke his foot that selwood began getting attention.

also its all well and good to post up stats about possessions, but its like comparing Heath Scotland to nathan foley. one gets 30 cheapies a game, while the other gets 20 odd hard yakka.
not saying palmer isnt a gun (i reckon he is) but the quality of his possession is not the same. the dockers drafted him specifically as an outside running mid cos they needed the pace

Palmer's disposal lets him down a bit... but having said that its only his first year, so i'm sure he can improve on that... He seems the standout... over Rioli and Brown...

and remember... Cotchin hasn't even been nominated yet... although no doubt he will by years end... Kreuzer was Round 11's nomination...

Back
Top Bottom