Who should be ranked higher all-time: Kobe Bryant or Tim Duncan?

Who is greater all-time?

• Kobe Bryant

Votes: 34 65.4%
  • Tim Duncan

Votes: 18 34.6%

• Total voters
Malone was also playing in the era of dominant PF's. Barkley, LJ, a young KG, Kemp, 'Nique, McHale, Rodman, Worthy etc etc.

there is still some pretty dominant big guys in duncans era too... guys duncan has totally destroyed...

i still dont think and argument can be made for malone by just saying he was playing against 'better' people (which is highly debatable in the first place)...

Malone was also playing in the era of dominant PF's. Barkley, LJ, a young KG, Kemp, 'Nique, McHale, Rodman, Worthy etc etc.

'Nique and Worthy weren't PF's and none of the guys you listed were really incredible except McHale and Barkley. I don't think LJ counts seeing as he had like what, 3 or 4 good seasons max? Before blowing out with injuries...

With the exception of Barkley I would take in his prime Garnett over every player you listed, and in his prime Dirk over most of them as well.

And Duncan had to deal with those for his entire career (to present).

'Nique and Worthy weren't PF's and none of the guys you listed were really incredible except McHale and Barkley. I don't think LJ counts seeing as he had like what, 3 or 4 good seasons max? Before blowing out with injuries...

With the exception of Barkley I would take in his prime Garnett over every player you listed, and in his prime Dirk over most of them as well.

couldn't agree more LJ i thought was more like 2 seasons of any quality Worthy Wikins small forwards Kemp got style points but thats about it

yep...and he never won a ring. but id probably give rodman a little more credit tho.

i thought dirk deserved a bit more love on the top500 list aswell...

my vote is for Kobe.. and Hollingers PER is just plain BS

Why? Cause it doesn't rate Kobe as much as you would like?

Kobe isnt as clutch as so many people think
Greedy as hell but not clutch

The truth about Kobe Bryant in crunch time - TrueHoop Blog - ESPN

Everyone forgets his misses, but remembers his makes.

But I would still pick him higher than Duncan

Yeah.... I posted that article awhile back. Very interesting read for sure! :)

Btw.... Duncan for me. ;)

Why? Cause it doesn't rate Kobe as much as you would like?

Yeah.... I posted that article awhile back. Very interesting read for sure! :)

Btw.... Duncan for me. ;)

Seems like Kobe's getting votes simply because he's got more exposure. He's a poster boy, he's flashy etc etc.

24 votes for Kobe, 13 for Duncan. I thought it would be closer!

would San Antonio miss Duncan as much as LA would miss Kobe?

I honestly don't think LA would miss Kobe much; his importance to his team is hugely overrated. The Spurs today would miss Duncan a bit, but in his prime would obviously HUGELY miss him.

It was hard enough for David Robinson to get the exposure he deserved, let alone Duncan! As much as i like Kobe, i think people dont pay much attention to his negatives. They only see the big numbers and classy shots.

well who would you have on your side not who is a better player who would you take out of those 2?

Both of them at the peak of their prime I'm inclined to say I would take Duncan.

If you were starting a franchise and you could take either of the two surely Duncan would be the pick.

Great perimeter scorers are a dime a dozen. Great big men with the longevity to be among the top handful of defensive players in the entire league for 12 seasons are about 1 every 20 years, if that.

Not saying Kobe isn't great, but heck I'm not convinced McGrady at the peak of his prime was that far off from Kobe's ability.

hmm fair point this could start some interesting comparisons
who would you take right now Derrick Rose or Blake Griffin and you need to tak in their age and performances so far

hmm fair point this could start some interesting comparisons
who would you take right now Derrick Rose or Blake Griffin and you need to tak in their age and performances so far

I take Kobe coz hes going to sell more merch and bring more fans, Im not saying hes better Im saying he has more appeal....

As for Griffin or Rose now. That is a hard question to answer I think I would take Griffin, no good reason I just like to watch the Beast fly
There probably going to be the 2 best players in the comp for years to come i hope.

Back
Top Bottom