whitethecelticsfan.... Resolved

FYI

If the card has been sent via regular post and paid for over the counter (and is under $50 in value) you can claim $ back for a non delivered item (keep your receipts!).

You just need to prove the value of the item to claim via aus post. This is separate from Registered Post. Sellers have used ebay sales pages / Paypal receipts as a method to prove the value of items when they have gotten lost.

Cheers,

banz

FYI

If the card has been sent via regular post and paid for over the counter (and is under $50 in value) you can claim $ back for a non delivered item (keep your receipts!).

You just need to prove the value of the item to claim via aus post. This is separate from Registered Post. Sellers have used ebay sales pages / Paypal receipts as a method to prove the value of items when they have gotten lost.

Cheers,

banz

great info. thanks for sharing.

bump - I have been waiting for a month for cards from WhiteyTheCelticsFan and he is no longer replying to any messages.

EDIT: Claims he forgot and is still sending them

Last edited:
Just as an example, I sold a card to PieMad10 sent it via registered,it never arrived and my wife decided to throw out the docket with the tracking no on the back. I contacted Auspost and there was no way to recover the number unless i used EFT to pay for it(which i didnt). IMO it was my fault that i couldnt track the package so i refunded him in FULL.
I may have been down some coin but i learnt a valuable lesson. To keep and store all my registered post receipts carefully.
I also offer both registered and regular post, if you choose the cheap option with regular i take a short video on my phone of the envelope(with address in full view) going into the red post box. Should it not arrive then i have proof that it was posted and i dont take responsability.
Perfect. Thats exactly how it works. If you want to be cheap and go standard then you have to hope it arrives. Aust post lose tons of mail a month. I always give the option its only $3.20 for tracking, $3 for signature on arrival. It is not the responsibility of the seller once posted. Handy if you have proof you did post so always take a short video of posting.
Always keep receipts for tracking, even smarter is to always send it to the buyer as soon as you get home so even if you lose the receipt you can always go back and find the number.
Sorry mate this has happened but it happens all the time. Thats what you get when the only service you can use is the useless Aust Post. Jake can fill a complaint form but it will take 3 wks for a reply and all it will say is we couldn't find it.
Lesson 'Always pay for registered post if more then $20'.
Glad it arrived.

Back
Top Bottom