Which Set To Collect?

Lomax

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Lomax
Old-school collector here. I used to collect cricket cards and stickers in the 80s and am now looking to get back into the hobby. In those days there was 1 set of cards or stickers released each summer by Scanlens, now I see all sorts of brands available!

My question is, what card/stickers are available for the 2018/19 season, and is there a particular brand I should go for, or is it just personal preference?

Thanks,

Lomax

Welcome back.

There is still only one official Cricket Australia / BBL release each summer. Last year they did a Specials Ashes release but that was more of a one off.

Tap n Play are the producer.

Okay set, lots of BBL content, over priced IMO for the content.

Thanks for the info Brendan.

Tap n Play is what I arrived at after looking around, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

As for the Tap n Play cards, I don't really follow BBL, but I saw that the set does include national players. But after seeing women cards being included decided to give it a miss lol. Maybe I'll stick to retro cards.

Not much test team content in the 18/19 Tap n Play release. But the Ashes was a good set last year, had its issues but great sigs and some nice insert sets. If you don’t go much on BBL then stay away from most Tap n Play stuff over the past 5 years. As Brendan mentioned, Select 09/10 is a fantastic release. Still get boxes from Cardzone who are Cardshowcase on eBay. I also personally love all the Futera stuff from 94 to 97, but redemption cards can no longer be redeemed from any Futera release. What do you want? Want to buy sealed boxes or go for cards/sets you like?

Back
Top Bottom