Which AFL players (past or present) do you know personally?

CaptainCripps09

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Ryan Pullens
Hey everyone!
I thought it might be cool if everyone could share any stories they have of how they know or are related to any footballers of the past or present, and since it was my idea, I think I’ll go first!

Interestingly enough, I actually know last years no.1 draft pick Cameron Rayner personally. I went to the same school as him for a few years and I even played mixed netball both with and against him. I also played at the same junior footy club as him, just in a higher age bracket. He’s a ripper bloke and his family are really nice too as I’m sure you’ve all seen on TV.

Does anyone else have any interesting stories related to footballers? Would love to know.

Cheers, CaptainCripps09

Last edited:
Jade and Brady Rawlings grow up a few 100 metres from me. Their parents owned a corner store and my mum knew them well and worked for them for years. I had a kick to kick with Brady in the park next door the year before he was drafted I think. Brady would remember my Mum but not so sure he’d remember me, it was a long time ago.

Good thread! My personal connections to footballers are limited to:

- I played one season of junior cricket with someone who now plays at league level in the SANFL.
- I am good mates with the current leading season goalkicker in the WAFL colts competition who has ambitions of being drafted.
- I've played a few games of seniors cricket with a guy who played for West Perth in the WAFL and once finished third in the Sandover Medal.
- My cousin has a high-up position in the WCE team store which involves a fair amount of interaction with the players. She has plenty of stories about the Eagles players - so doesn't strictly count but I'm one person removed from knowing the whole Eagles squad!

Exciting stuff :blink: Rayner and the Rawlings brothers are cool though!

Got a few and being in football circles have played agains so many ive lost track......

Best friends with jack watts all my junior schooling until i moved to qld. Played at sandringham with him and went to schook together.

Really good friends with rory thompson and went to school/ played all the rest of my qld junior football with him. Also played with the jnaugural suns so played and spent alot of time with charlie dixon, zac smith, josh thomas and all the rest etc

Currently, work with jarrod brennen and just spent a week down at tasmania for the national inclusion carnival with peter yagmoor!

The theres the old school fellas but thats for another time.

I don't really know any footballers personally, but the other week I was waiting in the supermarket checkout line and standing next to me was non other than Malcolm "The Messiah" Blight! I really really wanted to hassle him for a photo but didn't.

Played a year of junior footy U12’s with Jake Stringer when he used to line up at full back.

Also 2 years back went to Christmas at my mothers house & Adam Treloar was there was engaged to my step fathers niece til he gave her the flick.

Well Jarryd Roughead went to my high school! He was three grades behind me - to be fair not that personally do I know him but 99.9% sure he knows I exist! That's the closest I seem to be able to get to in terms of contributing to this post or at least that I find significant whether others really care lol

Back
Top Bottom