Where to start ?

:Bachar43:

OzCardTrader
Real Name
nadi
Hi guys, im looking to start getting into NBA cards but i dont know where to start

im looking to just buy a few packs of anything NBA to start and i would like to purchase my cards from card zone does anyone from Melbourne know what releases card zone has and what the best release is to purchase (just remembering i only want a few packs to start)

Cheers :Bachar43: :)

If you only want to buy individual packs, then your options will be quite limited as most places will only have retail product boxes opened.

10/11 Donruss, 11/12 Hoops are just a couple I can think of that you may find as loose packs?

As far as the 'best' set?? It depends what you want/like. There are a lot of different releases around, so it would probably be best to have a look on Youtube and see which releases you like the look of and start collecting that?

Also, decide whether you want to collect base or inserts or Jersey or Auto cards!

Maybe if you want induvidual packets your best option is prolly the Carribean Market Wed &Sun or the Dandy Market Tues,Fri And Saturday, there is a guy there who has a stall at both.
He sells heaps of basketball Boxes and has some individual packets too and be cheaper than Cardzone, he also has many other sports and non sports cards at good prices:)

thanks for that guys :)

drob does hoops have any jersey cards because i think a newsagent here sells them

No I don't think it does mate. There are just base/inserts and autos!

The ones you will find in the newsagent will be 'retail' packs which means you will get mostly base cards and in each BOX, there will be 1 maybe 2 autos! In the Hobby boxes, there are doubles the amount of hits.

Honestly, your money is always better spent buying singles instead of busting packs, but if you are after base sets and the thrill of busting, then retail packs will be perfect! ;)

Yeah I went to cardzone a couple of months back while in Melbourne and they were very expensive. You could always start your collection by buying the stuff I have no one wants! :lol: just kidding.

Well about 1 & 1/2 to twice as much per box than it costs you to order from any of these guys: Mr. Paparazzi, WhoDat, A1_Cards_and_Gaming & that goes for the single packs too.

As example, to buy a box of 09/10 certified from the US it's about $140.00 inc postage, cardzones were $20 per pack.. ie $200 per box. So for me it's go with one of the guys listed above or visit a local market :thumbsup:

If your in Melbourne I'd go to dandenong market or carrabean gardens (like stormjohn already mentioned) his name is Malcolm and his been there for years. He has opened boxes there for single pack sales, stuff like sp authentic and i remember when sp game used was out he even had a opened box of that of the table so not always only retail packs. This would be the place to start if you want to pick up something on the spot.

Also on a weaker note, at chadstone shopping center last time I looked, the newsagent next to target sells packs from retail stuff. Believe it or not!!! When I was getting back into collecting this was the only place I knew untill I found the market guy:)

thanks guys :) i might try going to the dandenong market in the future, i might see the prices at cardzone as im going this week anyway but if they're that overpriced then i don't think ill purchase anything :)

The markets are your best bet. Harry and Mal sell heaps of NBA stuff there. If you are after a few packs, the way I started my addiction, try a newsagency!

Back
Top Bottom