Whats your definition of "MOJO"

Rodman91

Banned User
Real Name
Matt
I was having a chat to some mates on the weekend regarding collecting and what you call MOJO

We agreed that buying say a $1000 box and getting say a MJ auto worth $600 is not classed as Mojo

Mojo is when you pull a card that is worth double the price of the box. or when you can at least make $100 + over what you paid for the box

What do you all think?

I was having a chat to some mates on the weekend regarding collecting and what you call MOJO

We agreed that buying say a $1000 box and getting say a MJ auto worth $600 is not classed as Mojo

Mojo is when you pull a card that is worth double the price of the box. or when you can at least make $100 + over what you paid for the box

What do you all think?

While I agree with the general idea of what you are tryin to say, I think it should be different!

It should be nothing to do with the $$ value! It should be a simple case of "would you rather the card you pulled over the money you spent to pull it?" If yes, then you have mojo!!

MOJO for me is either something for the PC or if I can't hit that it would be something I can sell to another collector or to get some $$ to buy something (either for the PC or real life) I normally wouldn't be able to.

2 examples - busted a 09-10 UD box ($75 I think) - hit a Garnett auto, boom. Only sells for around $50-75 but huge to hit one personally.
Also busted a 07-08 Letterman and hit a Carmelo 1/1 game used jersey auto letter 'Y'. Sold it to a guy who was trying to put the whole name together. Two people happy!

Have to agree with Matt's pc statement. $ shouldnt matter as much as pulling that you appreciate.

Mojo to me is anything that really excites me that I'd want to keep, or a card that makes up the majority if not all of the price I paid on the box

For me mojo would be pulling one of the better cards available in the product I am busting. The higher the value the better and makes the difference between mojo and MOJO

different strokes. for me mojo is hitting a card i want/need regardless of value...altho getting a case hit of something i dont want but worth alot more than the box would be mojo aswell i guess.
can you have bad mojo?

Mojo is anything that makes me not regret buying the box lol, more often than not it has nothing to do with $$$

A $5 Nuggets auto that I don't have in a $200 box, I'd consider that Mojo.

Back
Top Bottom