What's your "can't miss product?" ....name your winner!!!

araiee

Lebron, Kobe and Westbrook!!!
Real Name
Aram
eBay User
relstar3127
hey all...was laying in bed the other night thinking about all the money i have spent on boxes/cases etc over time and felt rather disturbed that the amount you spend never showcases great value return...i know we do it for the love of the hobby, and its a gamble for the big hit, but is there any product over time that you would have to say bought you great value or you have won big time on, or just dabbled a few times and hit it big???
here is my top three, would love to see everyone elses...

1. panini prizm, only ever bought two boxes...first box pulled a anthony davis auto rookie and ralph sampson refractor auto /25, second box i pulled a john jenkins gold prizm /10 AND A KYRIE IRVING PRIZM AUTO REFRACTOR /251---which i sold on ebay for $2550.00

2. 10/11 gold standard, had some really sweet single box pulls like griffin base auto /5, jerry west/kobe dual auto /25 and probably my best case ever, which yielded me---derrick rose gold stars gu/auto /5 redemption, durant gold crown auto /5, kobe/magic dual golden threads auto /10, kobe 24kt gu/auto /49, westbrook patch auto /25, wall rookie auto /299 and a magic johnson gold piece/8 oh yeah and a noah patch auto /5, did try another case with about a third of the luck...

3. 07/08 topps elveation..pulled a ben wallace sick patch /2 and a SHAQ auto/patch 1/1 in his miami uni...only prob is it was an ugly silver sticker auto and bland one colour patch, pretty disappointed it could have been on card and sick patch or logo...in the end i bummed out on value on it:(

Interesting thread Aram. I have thought about the $$ that I spend on this hobby at times and actually did a calculation of what i had spent over a 6 month period and i could have had a nice week away in 5 star luxury with the wife.

My best results have been from Prizm, from 2 boxes pulled a Kobe MVP Gold insert and from the first Timeless Treasures release, from 4 tins pulled a Tim Duncan Logoman

Did OK with a case of NT pulling a 1 of 1 Pippen auto which is in Slobbycastle right now.

My best result... 10/11 Classics Kobe on-card GU/Auto

Thats how brutal my busting career has been. I am planning a big bust in the near future so hopefully I can top that.

Man i have pulled buckets of shit. So much so that i swore i would never buy another box again because i was sick of watching $$$ get thrown away whilst pulling Darington Hobson sticker autos.

I'm going back a bit, 02-03 Upper Deck, series 2. Bought 3 boxes, pulled Moiso buy back auto, a few Jersey cards including a Kobe, back when they were worth something.

The other is 03-04 ultimate, 1 mini box and pulled a Lebron ultimate sigs rc auto.

Back
Top Bottom