Whats the ranking of football products? Whats the "Best"?

Warriordazza

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Daz
Hey all

Looking to get some football products to break open. Is football the same as basketball and prizm reigns king? or is optic or select or contenders better?
What is the "best" product for football in your minds?

Try and find product already in oz, that will help keep the price down...
Optic is a very nice product
and i just did some "panini Elite nfl" not cheap, but a great product

Try and find product already in oz, that will help keep the price down...
Optic is a very nice product
and i just did some "panini Elite nfl" not cheap, but a great product

Where would be the place to buy in aus? I found optic hobby at $130 usd so probably $200 each after conversion and SMC fees

you got to do a bit of research and run around, best tip is to list up all the card shops in oz and just hit all there sites
then you will see what shops carry what and prices. (not sure of your situation shop wise in brissy)
be prepared to see some big prices, nfl elite was $499 a box. (so that was left on the shelf) and i was happy with just ripping 3 packs. some fantastic produce, but unfortunately it is not cheap

That optic must be ok cause its gone now from the place I was gonna buy at.

Do you get via presales from anywhere?

Where would be the place to buy in aus? I found optic hobby at $130 usd so probably $200 each after conversion and SMC fees
Was this for the Optic Hobby “Collectors box”?
Sounds way too cheap for a “True” Optic Hobby box.
So many different configurations within releases these days it gets rather confusing.

Was this for the Optic Hobby “Collectors box”?
Sounds way too cheap for a “True” Optic Hobby box.
So many different configurations within releases these days it gets rather confusing.

Collectors box sounds familiar hence why I didnt immediately buy it. Whats the difference? I see that its about $170USD on ebay
what about the 2019 optic blaster box? 24 cards currently around $50USD

Collectors box sounds familiar hence why I didnt immediately buy it. Whats the difference? I see that its about $170USD on ebay
what about the 2019 optic blaster box? 24 cards currently around $50USD
Blowoutcards.com give a good breakdown of what’s in each box configuration. Collectors box gives less cards than a true hobby box plus no chance at vinyl 1/1 etc. Each configuration has its own parallels, bigger hits tend to be in true hobby boxes from my experience. That’s not to say there aren’t some nice hits in the other boxes. Just comes down to what’s you’re chasing and how much you’re willing to pay.

Blowoutcards.com give a good breakdown of what’s in each box configuration. Collectors box gives less cards than a true hobby box plus no chance at vinyl 1/1 etc. Each configuration has its own parallels, bigger hits tend to be in true hobby boxes from my experience. That’s not to say there aren’t some nice hits in the other boxes. Just comes down to what’s you’re chasing and how much you’re willing to pay.
Thanks having a look now.

How does NFL take prizm as a product? I see theres potentially some cheaper boxes of Prizm blaster boxes that I could get, but if I do as I normally do i buy 2 and rip one sell one to try cover the costs. Are they as popular as basketball?

Thanks having a look now.

How does NFL take prizm as a product? I see theres potentially some cheaper boxes of Prizm blaster boxes that I could get, but if I do as I normally do i buy 2 and rip one sell one to try cover the costs. Are they as popular as basketball?
NFL products as a whole just don’t compare to NBA products popularity wise, dollar wise, resale etc. So that’s a hard question to answer. There are so many factors that go in to that. Far more players on an NFL roster, Basketball having more of an international appeal etc. Could go on.
Like NBA, NFL Prizm is definitely up there in popularity though. It just depends on what you’re chasing. You just have to be weary of blasters etc not always carrying the same quality of player selection and hits/parallels that a true hobby box generally has.

NFL products as a whole just don’t compare to NBA products popularity wise, dollar wise, resale etc. So that’s a hard question to answer. There are so many factors that go in to that. Far more players on an NFL roster, Basketball having more of an international appeal etc. Could go on.
Like NBA, NFL Prizm is definitely up there in popularity though. It just depends on what you’re chasing. You just have to be weary of blasters etc not always carrying the same quality of player selection and hits/parallels that a true hobby box generally has.
Legend, I figured as much with a 400 base set and 100 rookies hits are harder to come by and definitely get the popularity of football is less global than basketball.

Do you think there is a 1, 2, 3 in terms of products for NFL?

Legend, I figured as much with a 400 base set and 100 rookies hits are harder to come by and definitely get the popularity of football is less global than basketball.

Do you think there is a 1, 2, 3 in terms of products for NFL?

Once again it probably depends on what you’re chasing ie autos, RPA’s, parallels etc
Personally I’d say 1. Contenders (rookie ticket auto) 2. Prizm (Silver and other parallels) 3. NT (RPA)
Just like NBA the consensus varies amongst collectors.

Once again it probably depends on what you’re chasing ie autos, RPA’s, parallels etc
Personally I’d say 1. Contenders (rookie ticket auto) 2. Prizm (Silver and other parallels) 3. NT (RPA)
I really like the contenders cards as well. I personally a big fan of last years draft class, so now to consider buy some blasters, or fork straight out for the player auto. Thanks for the help appreciated getting more knowledge

Sorry to be a bother the contenders boxes in 2018 theres one with 5 packs and one with 11. Both around the same price of 45usd.
Are these the same? Would I get better hits in the less pack one? Is this price about right? (From what ive seen its close to normal price)

Without seeing which ones specifically they are, it’s hard to say. Like with all the releases, you are probably looking at two of up to 6 different (or more) configurations for a release. At that price I would assume they are Blasters and not a true hobby box. Places like Walmart, Target, Fanatics often have their own configuration with parallels specific to each one. The description of each “should” tell you if it’s a “Fanatics Blaster box” for example. Your best bet is to not necessarily look at the number of packs or cards in a box but look at what parallels, insterts, autos are available in each to work out best value for money.

Back
Top Bottom