What we could expect for 2019 releases

Looks like Tye Dye Starbursts replacing the blacks as the 1:36

How many versions of starbursts is it for this year?

Select is starting to give Panini Prizm a run for their money with the numbers of Starburst variations!

Three, same as last year:

club colours - packs
tie dye - packs, potentially box hit
club logo - value pack exclusive

Im sure there are a couple more on the way.......i'll wait for the Christmas version again I think.

They were sensational!

Three, same as last year:

club colours - packs
tie dye - packs, potentially box hit
club logo - value pack exclusive

If the suspected ratios so far are correct the tie dye should be a box hit, and unless they’ve dropped the total number of cases /600.

Let's hope premiership predictors will relieve some scepticism lol and pretty sure platinum Brownlow predictor the only thing left but perhaps a fourth 🌟 burst comprising two checklist cards per club (one 16/17 and the other 18/19) numbers to 50 LoL

Hmmmmm so pretty much the exacy release as last year!!!

Ratio wise absolutely.

Looking back last year was probably Select’s best series one set in terms of value so I’m not surprised they went with a if it’s not broke don’t fix it mindset.

The true test for Select this year is series two. I’m not entirely sure they got it right with Legacy.

I think there will be a lot of initial disappointment that the alternative box hit to a black starburst is well another starburst variation and not something new.

I don't know what the hold up is in all honesty: I know it seems that select want to surprise the punters but IMO miss the old system of revealing the breakdown in the advertisement in the preseason record. As FAIC select failed to surprise me in legacy

I don't know what the hold up is in all honesty: I know it seems that select want to surprise the punters but IMO miss the old system of revealing the breakdown in the advertisement in the preseason record. As FAIC select failed to surprise me in legacy

I hate it too but it's all to do with stopping pre sales on eBay and similar. I feel it's wrong to ask people for a pre order and to expect those people to pay when they don't even know what they are buying until the last minute and by then it's too late.

I hate it too but it's all to do with stopping pre sales on eBay and similar. I feel it's wrong to ask people for a pre order and to expect those people to pay when they don't even know what they are buying until the last minute and by then it's too late.
Ah ha! Now I get it: thanks, as that's a exceptionally top call you are raising. On that note at least we can say that there are finally good cards about in recent times that are really starting to hold value, it's becoming increasingly difficult to find a seller who'll let a certified back end Guernsey card out of their PC for less than $65, the top end variant for less than $200 (in spite a gold coast or GWS one) and a Gazza dad and kid sig for less than $1k

Last edited:
It doesn't stop the pre sales though, one seller on ebay in particular who sells large quantities and often sets the prices low soon after release. Surely Select know this?
The previews are a bit of an anticlimax with the release much the same again assuming the last reveal will be a platinum brownlow. The guy on Select youtube said something about the starburst numbering being lower than anything in a footy stars pack before. I guess he meant less than the black starburst rather than less than a platinum.

Back
Top Bottom