what was your first pack of cards

90'inserts

OLD SCHOOL ADDICT
Real Name
raif
hi all just for interest to see how long and how you all got into the hobby i was wondering what was your first pack of cards

mine was 93 94 hoops series 2 and they were from chicken treat they had a deal were you got them for 2.95
let me know what yours was

mine was 1986 Scanlens Rugby League....

NFL was 1989 Pro Set (couldnt afford score)

MLB 1993 Pinnacle

NBA 1993 Hoops (pulled and all rookie !!!!!)

Mine was actually afl...select and pulled the jason dunstall legend card for $3.95
The dealer offered me $200 for it which naturally i took !!
And here we are 10 yrs later still hooked:lol:

If we're talking NBA cards, my first was 90-91 Fleer, picked up a heap of packs from the good old Heaven on Bourke Street around 91. If it's any sports cards it was very early 80's footy cards from the local milk bar

1992/93 Skybox Cards.

Mine was actually afl...select and pulled the jason dunstall legend card for $3.95

Shouldn't have tempted fate bought the cards. Can'ick the habbit.....its an addiction.

Ersk

Mine would have to be 91/92 Upper deck Hi series I think!?! Back in early 92! Was wondering past a hobby shop in Myer Centre on Rundle Mall after probably my 3rd or 4th game of ball!

Mine would be about 1972-73 Scanlans Footy Cards, in 1972-73 :woot: First bball cards I got were a uncut NBL promo sheet from the Cairns Post in about 92-93, and spewing because in all my traveling I have managed to misplace it.
Rob

NBA : 93-94 Upper Deck Series 2 from the local FootLocker.

Other : TMNT cartoon cards (still have the whole set, except #9).

Rob us must be old!!!!:p:D

Mine would be about 1972-73 Scanlans Footy Cards, in 1972-73 :woot: First bball cards I got were a uncut NBL promo sheet from the Cairns Post in about 92-93, and spewing because in all my traveling I have managed to misplace it.
Rob

Id say 93/94 upperdeck series 1 at the card/toy shop in warrigul (south gippsland) then id beg the old man to drive the 45 minutes we lived from there to go back every weekend...................

cant remember exactly but im pretty sure it was an upper deck series. got that along with some spiderman cards

First cards - VFL Scanlons from the local milk bar for 25c (late 70's).

First NBA - 1990 Fleer packs from Granny May's in Norflands shopping centre.

:thumbsup:

That's pretty awesome for a card that retails for $20 or so these days.

My first packs were the 89? Cricket cards - simtoral gum or somethin' - never got them all though.

My first real effort of collecting was a year or so later - Operation Desert Storm - the oficial cards of the first Gulf War, such a blatent piece of propaganda, but I managed to get the whole set, which sat around in a rubber band for the next decade. :p

Must have bought about a box of those packs in my endevour.

Back
Top Bottom