What turns you off buying a card from a trusted seller?

Assuming you like the card and the seller, what things turn you off a sale?

• Postage options?

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • No price listed?

Votes: 13 46.4%
  • Seller's location?

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Rigid (non-negotiable price)?

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Paypal?

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Direct deposit?

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Poor quality scan?

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Quoting Beckett values?

Votes: 4 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

whereiswally78

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Matt
eBay User
whereiswally78
Thought this would be an interesting discussion point.

ASSUMING YOU KNOW THE SELLER TO BE RELIABLE AND LEGIT ...

When you see a sale thread or ebay auction, what issues will make you navigate away from the page without asking any more questions?

The possibilities are endless, I know, but maybe this will give people a guide on what to watch for when designing an auction or posting cards for sale.

I guess my aim is to provide a guide on how to EFFECTIVELY sell your cards on ebay and ozcards, and maximise your potential buyers.

If its posting cards for sale...then make an offer and im outa there:lol:
ebay...well the usual,high postage charges...:D

There is a seller who has a description which does not come up well in Firefox browsers.
Suddenly the font size is huge and I need to scroll across like 3 screen-widths to see the details :(
When I view his pages, I close the window immediately.

I love winging about what im going to say but I guess its not illegal so yeah. I hate it when people dont buy for the card they just buy to sell so they buy the card (because they have lots of money ) then they relist it on ebay as a buy it now for a ridiculous price. The card then just sits on ebay as a big watse. Eventually you seem to know the buyers who do this when I see them bidding I normally dont even try. I think theres to many people trying to get a quick buck from basketball cards , it nearly turned me off about a month ago.

From the above choices I would say feed back and most defenatley condition id rather pay more for good condition , get anoyed when I buy and its not mint when stated it was.

Keep 'em coming ... remember, the thread is about the presentation/content of the ebay page or thread ... not about the principals of buying and selling cards - sorry, if I didn't state that clearly.

I guess my aim is to provide a guide on how to EFFECTIVELY sell your cards on ebay and ozcards, and maximise your potential buyers.

I agree there are a few ppl on ebay i will refuse to buy from cause there prices are more than steve and there postage is just crazy like $4 for regular post.I understand you have the package plus the cost of sending but please $4.
My other gripe there is a guy on there who i trust and has cheap cards but i will refuse to buy from him now as he is so rude arogant and impossible to deal with.

No the people im reffering to are in Australia but im not going to single them out cause you dont know who knows who on here...

On here the 'Make an offer' doesn;t always turn me off if it's something I want/like as I am a narrow collector so if I want/need it, I'm pretty keen. It's not hard for me to do a little price research or already know the price by past sales of the things I want/need because I keep a very close eye on things and have a good memory.

As for eBay, postage costs don't put me off. If I don't like a postage cost, I force the seller to give me my moneys worth by either telling him what the cost is in a message and seeing what he'll reply (sellers arn't stupid generally, they realise when they get someone that knows what they're talking about and know how bad it sounds when you quote them the actual cost of $1.07-$1.90 and they state $5). Or if they're way overcharging, I make sure it's for Registered. If it shows in a much cheaper method, I now demand a refund and if not forthcoming, Neg city.

I spose I'm not the Normal situation though since I collect only specific things and very rarely browse/splash out on non PC or chase stuff.

Yer but there are a lot of sellers who are getting arrogant on there and if you argue the price they will just say to not bid.Im finding alot of sellers are including there listing fees in there postage cost hence why some postage is so high.I have even had someone demand i pay them for the paypal fee because i paid by paypal.If pre agreed i dont mind doing that but.Its the same for the sellers if you dont like the rules dont sell on there

Yer but there are a lot of sellers who are getting arrogant on there and if you argue the price they will just say to not bid.Im finding alot of sellers are including there listing fees in there postage cost hence why some postage is so high.I have even had someone demand i pay them for the paypal fee because i paid by paypal.If pre agreed i dont mind doing that but.Its the same for the sellers if you dont like the rules dont sell on there

If they tell you don't bid, I simply remind them that I am a serious bidder/collector of that player/set that I was enquiring about and that me bidding will if nothing else drive the price up. They quickly change their tune at the thought of a better price.

Back
Top Bottom