What size/brand of marker do you use for IP sigs?

Mischa, if its cards I swear by the Sharpie CD/DVD marker, all of my IP auto's are done with that pen and I am very happy with the results. For a jersey, I can't help as I haven't had any experience with that.

I use whatever I can find, but nothing too thick. Usually just one of those artline permanent pens.

Mischa, if its cards I swear by the Sharpie CD/DVD marker, all of my IP auto's are done with that pen and I am very happy with the results. For a jersey, I can't help as I haven't had any experience with that.

I always give my cards a light rub with a clean pencil eraser, it helps the auto to stick to the card better. Sharpie CD/DVD marker is perfect!!!!

I always give my cards a light rub with a clean pencil eraser, it helps the auto to stick to the card better. Sharpie CD/DVD marker is perfect!!!!

giving the cards a rub with a soft pencil eraser is a VERY good idea, some cards such as the 2005 Power series (NRL) would not allow the pen to leave a clean pen stroke, looked like the player was signing thru water. Sharpie's are the best brand and I find the CD/DVD marker ever so slightly better than the standard sharpie only because it seems to smudge less / dry quicker. I will post a link to my IP auto bucket, all those cards were done with the CD/DVD marker I also use a fresh pen for each signing session, some players are a little heavy handed and I don't want to take a damaged nib from week to week.

I've got a Sharpie fine point (hopefully not too fine) and will post the pics up after the event in maildays section. Thanks to all for the input

---------- Post added 02-12-2010 at 09:56 PM ----------

Just an update. The sharpie copped a flogging!!! 46 sigs for the night and I left early as I had the kids in tow.

Back
Top Bottom