What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noddy

Looking...
Real Name
Ian
Hi everyone,

I recently agreed to purchase a card from a member of Hobbykings for $200us, I paid on the 8th of January using Paypal. I was just having a quick look at Hobbykings before I went to bed and discovered that the member had been deactivated. I have contacted admin over there but wanted some opinions from here -

Do you think it would be wise to open a dispute with Paypal?

If a dispute is opened does that put the members $$$ on hold or do I need to esculate it to a claim?

Am I jumping the gun a little?

If it were you what would you do?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ian.

Anyway you can get a hold of their email address? Maybe from admin? I'd give it another week before escalating it. Give it some time to arrive first before jumping the gun. It's een just over a week since you purchased it.

I would put the wheels in motion. Saves you from regrets in the future like i did it too late or whatever. You can cancel or refund the guy his money if the item does come through.
Gary
Hi everyone,

I recently agreed to purchase a card from a member of Hobbykings for $200us, I paid on the 8th of January using Paypal. I was just having a quick look at Hobbykings before I went to bed and discovered that the member had been deactivated. I have contacted admin over there but wanted some opinions from here -

Do you think it would be wise to open a dispute with Paypal?

If a dispute is opened does that put the members $$$ on hold or do I need to esculate it to a claim?

Am I jumping the gun a little?

If it were you what would you do?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ian.

I would put the wheels in motion. Saves you from regrets in the future like i did it too late or whatever. You can cancel or refund the guy his money if the item does come through.
Gary

You have 45 days don't you? So why rush?

I would contact one of the mods there. They have access to the members email addresses and should be able to get you in contact with the de-registered member.

The guys there would be willing to help you out!

Cheers
Matt

Send an email to the guys paypal address, it's most likely the one he's using for all his purchases on ebay, forum notifications etc etc. If he fail's to respond open up a paypal dispute to force him to respond.

Thanks for the help/info everyone. I have been in contact with admin. of Hobbykings and also the seller of the card.

He was deactivated for opening a second account while banned. It has nothing to do with his transactions.

Mods/admin can close this if they would like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom