What is happening?

P_Phillips

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Peter Phillips
eBay User
Phillips_pa
I like to see how quickly sellers put up products of the new Woolworths cards and how much they charge upon release. Never expected to see what people are willing to pay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50x-WOOL...866196?hash=item2a61b4d054:g:DocAAOSwezVWxU9g
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Woolwort...430378?hash=item35fb4d8d6a:g:458AAOSwPc9WxXPG

It is just ridiculous given they are paying over $1,000. Particularly the 20 packet average price is $55 a packet. If you spent $1,000 on groceries you would get 50 packets. Not to mention there are plenty of sales where you could pick up 50 or 20 packets averaging out at $1 or less per packet.

I am amazed by that - I did my monthly grocery shop and ended up with nine packets, thought I was doing brilliantly! :) In the collecting world, like anything else, greed and excess is the root of all evil mate. You would have to ask how the seller in the first listing managed to acquire that amount of packets so quickly, given that the promotion only started on Wednesday.

As an almost 40-year old I love the supermarket/newsagent promos as they take me back to my childhood.

Holy sheeeit. So those boxes (about 40 odd) just sitting in the photocopy room of the school I work at every now and then doing maintenance at are actually worth taking home?

I remember wen the woolies folders come out that had the F word in them. I managed to get about 20 for $5 each or whatever they were. Sold for $40 each at the time.

Have seen the ridiculous prices for the dominos etc also when they came out, its a crazy collectors world out there and generally the staff are none the wiser. So no one can blame them.

I have promotional yoyos from various companies. Same theory. People go crazy an you can get the yoyos with drink purchases and sell them for more than it costs for the drinks

I work at a BWS attached to a Woolworths and know the initial value of these cards and so do the managers there haha, we have a pallet stacked up pretty high kept under lock and key :p TBH I thought of taking a box home but decided not to. I did ask about taking some home and was told just to wait until the promo is over then I can take what I please haha. I doubt they will be worth anything by then.

Back
Top Bottom