punkologist

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Daniel Mitchell
eBay User
punkologist
COMC User
punkologist
Ok, I've been a bit preoccupied for the last 6 months or so (my wife and I had our first baby) and haven't done any card collecting or research.

I have the itch again now though and want to get some Hockey cards.

Any suggestions on the good sets? I would like to pick up a box of something and have a good chance to get some nice Ducks cards. Most other cards would be for sale/trade.
I have had black diamond before and liked them. Of course I like autos, (who doesn't?), but I also like game used jersey cards. I would want to keep the price down to around $100 or less.

I know I could just buy the cards I want but where is the fun in that? A big part of the fun of card collecting is breaking boxes! In fact I liken it to drug addiction, once you break one box, you need to get more!

11/12 Contenders is fantastic for a sub-$80 product with auto hits. They're not exactly short printed but the vast majority are on card so they look great. I got stuck into about 10 boxes of it last year (have a skim through the breaks section, there's a few threads :p) easily my favourite release from last year in the <$100 price range.

Hi there .

i always like ud series 1 & 2 not bad price and some good pulls to be had or opc is also a product i like , the good rookies hold good prices .
if you want to buy some ducks cards i can get you some scans on my photo bucket of all the ducks i have rc's inserts gu auto's and more .
thanks , good luck .
jason

thanks for the responses. I have liked the look of UD artifacts in the past and have a few of them. Did anyone get a box of them? Worth the money?

The Panini ones look to be the best value. But I'm still drawn a bit to UD black diamond, I got 3 boxes of those last year and loved them. Even the commons look awesome.

I will also be getting a jumbo box of Topps Baseball series 1.

Never got into Artifacts, wanted to but I'd always get swayed by something less pricey. If you go Artifacts be warned that 12/13 was one of the first products out for this season and thanks to the lockout the rookie redemptions are a bit of a mystery.

Rookie anthology is also a great box! Plenty of different autos to get and also meterial cards!

Don't bother buying anything this year mate. Save your money, I implore you.
There are no good rookies in this season's products and all will instead be available in 13-14 sets.
Trust me there is no value this season.

Save your money and get into Artifacts, UD1 and Black Diamond next season(can't say I like it but if you do ...). Artifacts comes out in October I believe.

Back
Top Bottom