What group breaks are you in?

TAB1980

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Trent
I thought it would be good to have a thread where we can post what group breaks were in and the results.

Neven been too involved in Group Breaks but have just entered a player one to see how it goes.

I've entered a 24 box, 2 case Recon Hobby player break with Sport Card Breakers (found on ebay) which I think takes place at 4:30am EST tomorrow morning on their youtube channel (doubt I can be stuffed getting up for that)!

Anyway, after looking through the checklist and about AUD$100 later, I have the following players:

Dominique Wilkins
Dwyane Wade
Hakeem Olajuwon
Isiah Thomas
Kevin Garnett

As you can probably tell, I'm a fan of the old school vets. Not sure how i've done value wise here and some of you may know better than me.

Feel free to check it out and I'll update this post later with results.

***Results update***

I think I did ok. No auto's unfortunately but 2 numbered cards /299, 2 numbered /199 and a Kevin Garnett /10 @GarnettFan4Life

Images to come soon

Last edited:
I normally go in my PC player's breaks around release time. I have done it over 20 times now and I don't think I have ever got more than a $4-$5 card but I continue to do it because it's cheap compared to a team. My player too is also dirt cheap.

I like these breakers on ebay called AMT I think. Something like that. They have a green logo. They are very organised which makes it easy to find you break on youtube later on. I also like that at the end they recap ALL hits, so if you're like me and cant watch a 90min break intently, I just scroll to the end.

But I think you are doing it the "right" way in that I think buying multiple players will definitely give you better odds of hitting something to at least break even.

I could be wrong, but I also believe they refund your shipping if you don;t hit anything which is my biggest gripe with player breaks. They charge $5 shipping to like 400 players and most don't refund you if they have nothing to ship.

All just my internal thoughts here. haha

Good tip re looking through the checklist first!

Going in the player breaks can be a big shit show if there's little to no chance of getting said player in that particular break if the breaker hasn't priced it out right - look up the set checklist people!

Last year I went in quite a few Revolution case breaks through Cherry buying Detroit. Haven't done it this year due to Detroit being the giveaway team because of Cade.

I normally go in my PC player's breaks around release time. I have done it over 20 times now and I don't think I have ever got more than a $4-$5 card but I continue to do it because it's cheap compared to a team. My player too is also dirt cheap.

I like these breakers on ebay called AMT I think. Something like that. They have a green logo. They are very organised which makes it easy to find you break on youtube later on. I also like that at the end they recap ALL hits, so if you're like me and cant watch a 90min break intently, I just scroll to the end.

But I think you are doing it the "right" way in that I think buying multiple players will definitely give you better odds of hitting something to at least break even.

I could be wrong, but I also believe they refund your shipping if you don;t hit anything which is my biggest gripe with player breaks. They charge $5 shipping to like 400 players and most don't refund you if they have nothing to ship.

All just my internal thoughts here. haha

I'm getting combined shipping and I highly doubt I'm going to walk away with nothing from 2 cases.

Share your breaks in here mate. It would be great to get behind you!

Good tip re looking through the checklist first!

Going in the player breaks can be a big s*** show if there's little to no chance of getting said player in that particular break if the breaker hasn't priced it out right - look up the set checklist people!

Very true.

Each of the players I selected have 1 or 2 different auto's and most have a base card/ insert with chances of parallels so I'm giving myself the best chance possible.

I was going in too many Cherry breaks. The amount i spent...i could have had that card I was chasing ;)

I did something i don't usually do and pay big bucks for a better team in a case break. $450 for the Warriors in the West Oz Obsidian case break. Chasing a Steph auto :(

I was going in too many Cherry breaks. The amount i spent...i could have had that card I was chasing ;)

I did something i don't usually do and pay big bucks for a better team in a case break. $450 for the Warriors in the West Oz Obsidian case break. Chasing a Steph auto :(

Is that for this years release?

I've entered quite a few breaks after returning to the hobby last year. Mainly I'm chasing Josh Giddey and Jalen Green. I've not got anything too spectacular for my efforts, and yeah.. buying the cards outright is probably smarter. I feel that in the future I'll only be going in breaks chasing inexpensive players.

I HIT A STEPH AUTO! OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

THANKS

Screen Shot 2022-08-20 at 12.40.36 pm.png

Seriously, it was FML until this baby

20220820_115935.jpg

Back
Top Bottom