What Ever Happened To...?

Like the short summaries mate, but when you do the 'what ever happened to?' sort of articles it's aways good to point out why they fell from grace and exactly what they're doing now (makes for a more interesting read). e.g. Antoine Walker - gambling and big spending - got out of shape and now toiling in the D-League. Stephon Marbury, now playing in China basically to revive his Starbury branded merchandise line of clothing and footwear as the big Chinese manufacturers can afford to get him back in business.... Latrell Sprewell turned down a 3 year $21m deal because 'he has kids to feed' - now had two properties foreclosed, lost a million dollar yacht and can't see his kids.... Iverson not willing to accept a secondary / complimentary scoring role in Memphis and Philly.... Financial distress story for Vin Baker and a real odd-ball story for Brian Williams (Bison Dele) which makes for what can only be described as a mystifying story.... Keep up the good work mate, plenty of NAB players seem to have just disappeared off the radar!

#1 rule for me when i'm writing essays or articles is to always double check your spelling

Many people well say that, yet only being 6’0 or less, Iverson is one of the, if not the, greatest scorer in NBA history.

Constructive feedback--
Maybe could have been titled "What could have been?..." All these guys have had solid careers, but for one reason or another, didnt reach their full potential.

Maybe throw in some oddball players like Jonathon Bender, Stromile Swift or Marcus Fizer - some high draft picks that didnt make it..."What ever happened to Marcus Fizer? - Turns out he represented the US in the Goodwill Games in Brisbane...then played in Spain, Puerto Rico, Israel and back to Puerto Rico...with Antoine Walker!

I liked the style of the article....but most people would know the stories behind the players you chose. I reckon you could get some more readers if you went a little left field. :)

And grammar... it's hard to read through anything that has spelling/punctuation errors throughout.

Keep it mate....you could be writing for nba.com or espn before you know it! :thumbsup:

not bad, but as most have said, theres really no room for spelling and grammar errors. and there are quite a few...
a thesaraus is also your friend.
good effort tho. bound to get better...

Like the short summaries mate, but when you do the 'what ever happened to?' sort of articles it's aways good to point out why they fell from grace and exactly what they're doing now (makes for a more interesting read). e.g. Antoine Walker - gambling and big spending - got out of shape and now toiling in the D-League. Stephon Marbury, now playing in China basically to revive his Starbury branded merchandise line of clothing and footwear as the big Chinese manufacturers can afford to get him back in business.... Latrell Sprewell turned down a 3 year $21m deal because 'he has kids to feed' - now had two properties foreclosed, lost a million dollar yacht and can't see his kids.... Iverson not willing to accept a secondary / complimentary scoring role in Memphis and Philly.... Financial distress story for Vin Baker and a real odd-ball story for Brian Williams (Bison Dele) which makes for what can only be described as a mystifying story.... Keep up the good work mate, plenty of NAB players seem to have just disappeared off the radar!

Thanks for the help mate. Yer I should of re-named it. Thanks again

---------- Post added 22-04-2011 at 11:31 AM ----------

#1 rule for me when i'm writing essays or articles is to always double check your spelling

Many people well say that, yet only being 6’0 or less, Iverson is one of the, if not the, greatest scorer in NBA history.

Cheers for the point-out mate, didn't notice that. Can I just ask, I used Word to type this and spell-check was on and it didn't pick up anything? Could you please point out where I won't wrong, would help me a lot. :)

---------- Post added 22-04-2011 at 11:33 AM ----------

Constructive feedback--
Maybe could have been titled "What could have been?..." All these guys have had solid careers, but for one reason or another, didnt reach their full potential.

Maybe throw in some oddball players like Jonathon Bender, Stromile Swift or Marcus Fizer - some high draft picks that didnt make it..."What ever happened to Marcus Fizer? - Turns out he represented the US in the Goodwill Games in Brisbane...then played in Spain, Puerto Rico, Israel and back to Puerto Rico...with Antoine Walker!

I liked the style of the article....but most people would know the stories behind the players you chose. I reckon you could get some more readers if you went a little left field. :)

And grammar... it's hard to read through anything that has spelling/punctuation errors throughout.

Keep it mate....you could be writing for nba.com or espn before you know it! :thumbsup:

Thanks man, yer I guess I need to work on my spelling/punctuation errors, but still have heaps of time to get it perfect. That would be a dream job, that's where I am aiming for though!!

---------- Post added 22-04-2011 at 11:34 AM ----------

not bad, but as most have said, theres really no room for spelling and grammar errors. and there are quite a few...
a thesaraus is also your friend.
good effort tho. bound to get better...

Thank you. I could use a thesaraus in my next article, I do trend to use the same words over and over again. Thanks for the help :)

Cheers for the point-out mate, didn't notice that. Can I just ask, I used Word to type this and spell-check was on and it didn't pick up anything? Could you please point out where I won't wrong, would help me a lot. :)

It's because the actual word is not spelt wrong it's just the wrong use of word.

Back
Top Bottom