What do you think ? Does this seem like a good deal for collectors ?

A1CardsandGaming

@ A1, we love collecting as much as you do !
Real Name
Terry
eBay User
www.A1CardsandGaming.com
Just noticed this on a facebook page and was wondering what other collectors thought !

Seems like a nice little profit for the organiser and plenty of risk for people joining in !

Although I don't have any Select stock at the moment, I would have boxes priced at roughly $200 per box !

Even taking into consideration that these guys even had to send out $30 parcels to winning participants (this just does not happen in shares because not everyone wins)
How do they justify $600 turnover on these 2 boxes ???

What do you think ?
dodgy box share.PNG

PS - if the site offering this deal was all about collectors as suggested, rather than running a business then why would there be such a huge mark-up. Seems more like helping themselves in my opinion

I think any person who buys/sells/trades through a facebook page that is not someone like yourself Cherry or Mr P is taking a huge risk. And yes that is a ripoff
My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:
hey Terry I think I few of those admins for that Facebook page are on here :cautious:
Cheers for the tip Bill but I already knew that ;)
Pretty good if you can't afford $200 for a single box, chance at some big hits for low investment. I have no idea who's Facebook it is by the way just my opinion
I can understand the system. A few people win while a few miss out but hey if you are going to support this method of sharing a couple of boxes, why not hit up G at Cherry Collectibles. A well trusted box seller that supports oct with free prizes in the past, rather than trying to milk oct for members on the sly ;)
One is the other is banned.
I think More than 1 is a banned member Rhys

im in two minds on this...

on one hand I love GB's (and would love to do them myself), but it seems to take a lot of work, time and trust to build up a base of collectors that are willing to trust you and visversa. personally I wouldn't be in it to make money (maybe a few bucks)..
but take out postage and supplies in this example and its not to over the top. And again so what if he's making money out of it, its what makes the world go round.

im in two minds on this...

on one hand I love GB's (and would love to do them myself), but it seems to take a lot of work, time and trust to build up a base of collectors that are willing to trust you and visversa. personally I wouldn't be in it to make money (maybe a few bucks)..
but take out postage and supplies in this example and its not to over the top. And again so what if he's making money out of it, its what makes the world go round.
Did you actually read the first post ??? Do you think charging $300 for a box of select is not ripping other collectors off !!!

Yea sure.
Shipping + supplies. = $4. And that he's shipping base.
Say 20 teams hit . x $4 = $80.
That's only $20 more than your price..

Just a guesstimation...
:)

Haa. Yea just relised it's two boxes... Which would make it about $260
Off my calcs...

Maybe a little over the top...;)
And now I look like a douce.

I was an admin on the page, some of the admins are really new to the whole hobby so they don't have much experience

Back
Top Bottom