What do you guys make of this?

jimboiitmac

miami pride
Real Name
King James
eBay User
jimboiitmac
Just back into the hobby and I'm in a bit of a bidding war for a Tyler Herro card.

I noticed that one of the main bidders for this card (see photo attached) has 0 feedback. Clicking on their profile you can see 50% of their bids over the past 30 days have been with this one seller. What do you guys make of this?

New eBay user who hasn't got any feedback yet? Or someone driving up the price?

Anything else a returning collector should be aware of in terms of using eBay again?

Here's the URL for the listing too: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/283928570697?ul_noapp=true&autorefresh=true
Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.43.32 pm.png

That's disappointing. Are you basing that on the fact that the person has 0 feedback. And if the account is a shill account it probably means the seller is in on it right?

Yeh all too often that new accounts with 0 feedback bid like this, predominantly on a single seller's items.

most probably a shill, 22 bids on 5 items, 50% same seller and 0 feedback is a little suss, but not enough to say yay or nay for sure. if he's bidding up in small increments, then that would also be a sign. but you never know. we all start somewhere and i know people who have used e-bay for years and still bid up $1 at a time...
as Dodgydave said, if its a shill bid then the seller is in on it. may even be the seller doing the shill bidding with a different account. i usually assume its shill when i see these things tho. its just so common. i honestly think there is more shill bidding with trading cards on e-bay than regular bidding.

Back
Top Bottom