What do the OCT NFL people think of Flawless ?

AusRam

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Trevor
Just thought it'd be an interesting topics for conversation. US$1250 for 10 cards total - 7 autos, 2 Jumbo Prime patches and a gem card. So the base vale per card is $125.

Is any product really worth that sort of money ? And how is any card in this release any better than a real nice patch or auto from a past release that wasn't $1250 for a box - NT or Five star ?

Just struggle a bit with it myself....I could take the Rams in a break for $50, but even then is a /25 Zac Stacy jersey or Auto even worth $50 ??

I think to justify a product like this it'd have to guarantee some phenomenal cards - like multi signature booklets etc, awesome past legends cards - things that have been incredibly scarce in past releases.

I doubt even a Peyton Manning auto or patch would be worth what people will be asking for them as I think it'll be a huge ask to try and recoup the value of a box..

What do others think ???

Yeah I agree. I don't think NFL has the same sort of international collecting that NBA has, so I don't think it will be anywhere near as successful. Everything is suppose to be on-card, actual game-worn etc and hand packed so there shouldn't be any major busts, but even the better boxes I think may struggle to get any real return back. I guess though one box of this probably would still offer a better return than say a $1200 case of another release anyway?

These high-end sets have always made me wonder about who actually buys these cases and boxes. Do people buy with the intention of selling individual cards for profit, are they after that monster PC hit, or are they just dabbling and seeing what comes their way. Nobody could seriously try to put sets of Playbook or National Treasures together, so what's the major attraction?
As for Flawless, the price is way way overs and they look very much the same as National Treasures. Crazy stuff.
Collectors are probably better off paying stupid money on eBay for a one-off big PC item. Let some other clown pay too much for a handful of cards that nobody else wants.

I'm also a big NBA fan/collector, so I've seen plenty of Flawless busted and I have to admit that there's some incredible cards that have been pulled. Personally I prefer Immaculate. It's nowhere near as expensive and seems to be able to deliver just as nice if not better hits. In my opinion, you could only bust Flawless with the intention of keeping what you get as I agree that you couldn't break it with a view to sell.

I have tried playbook and wasn't impressed with the return. I think I get more joy out of ripping a box or 2 for the same price lol

I have tried playbook and wasn't impressed with the return. I think I get more joy out of ripping a box or 2 for the same price lol

Playbook this year looks terrible! $90 or so for 2 cards - a jersey card and an auto. No base cards, nothing else. And some of the hits are autos from the "Hot Rookies" set - see the Derek Carr in this preview below - which makes no sense to me at all!

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...en-six-early-boxes-of-2014-playbook-football/

Playbook this year looks terrible! $90 or so for 2 cards - a jersey card and an auto. No base cards, nothing else. And some of the hits are autos from the "Hot Rookies" set - see the Derek Carr in this preview below - which makes no sense to me at all!

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...en-six-early-boxes-of-2014-playbook-football/

Have to agree, who wants to spend $90 on a two hit box ? How soon before we have $50 one card packs/boxes ? It's getting a bit crazy. I want to get some Tre Mason's from Playbook so I bought Rams in a case share, but that's really only 30 cards...of 32 teams....hmmmmmm....

Have to agree, who wants to spend $90 on a two hit box ? How soon before we have $50 one card packs/boxes ? It's getting a bit crazy. I want to get some Tre Mason's from Playbook so I bought Rams in a case share, but that's really only 30 cards...of 32 teams....hmmmmmm....

I was about to buy into a couple Raiders case breaks but thought it wasn't worth it. I can probably pick up Carr and Mack autos from Playbook for $90 and have a bit change left.

Been watching a few Playbook case breaks. Rough, rough breaks! Best cards I have seen are a Dan Marino HOF auto (like from Spectra last year) and an Ebron NFL Logo 1/1 booklet. Glad I skipped on buying into the case breaks I intended too, as I have not yet seen a single Raider hit!

You should have been in the Rip Kings first case, think it had a bunch of Raiders in it. I was in it and thought I was going to come away empty handed, then the third last pack/box had 2 Tre Mason's in it ! An acetate auto and a jersey book. So not a terrible return for my $40 or whatever it was. Another box had 2 of the same player in it as well. That'd be an ugly break if you bought a $90 box and got 2 of the same player you didn't want one of !

Didn't do so well in the Valor though, only an auto of a draft pick QB who's on the Practice Squad now...

Not sure about this years Valor, doesn't seem the highish end product it's been in the past...bunch of packs in a box now, 4 hits but I don't think there was a real vet or oldtimer in the whole case I was in - heavy rookie loading again.. Couldn't tell you what the case hit was, nothing really stood out...

Davaro got a sweet Parcells book in the cherry. I have only really seen rookies in the Valor as hits.

Just saw that as well as the Hot Rookies autos, Panini have put in some HoF auto's from Spectra into Playbook as well. Certainly better than Hot Rookies, but it seems Panini doesn't care what product you buy, they'll just stuff in whatever they have around to make up the numbers...

Just can't wait to see what they'll do when they have the exclusive NFL licence!!

Just saw that as well as the Hot Rookies autos, Panini have put in some HoF auto's from Spectra into Playbook as well. Certainly better than Hot Rookies, but it seems Panini doesn't care what product you buy, they'll just stuff in whatever they have around to make up the numbers...

Just can't wait to see what they'll do when they have the exclusive NFL licence!!

Yep, I saw a Marino HOF auto come from one. Makes no sense to me at all!

Redskin hit s teddy b auto patch booklet tonight, not a lot else tho. Another Tahj boyd book lol

Anyone had any luck in there breaks?

Just bought Raiders in a break, disappointing theirs no Carr or Mack autos.

Yeah not much Raider hit wise at all. I expected Carr for sure would have some autos in this and probably Mack too.

Staying away from it myself. Been looking at the box and case breaks and there's some nice cards, but I just can't see the value myself... Maybe the secondary market will be stronger than I'm thinking, but most boxes look to me like they're $500-700 boxes tops ! Have seen some nice Dickerson's, tracking a couple to see what they end up going for...

And really some of the rookies I'm seeing have no place in a product like this...

Back
Top Bottom