what coach/player do the bulls need

your funny wallace i am a mad bulls fan love the bulls and to see them strugling is really sad

honestly they should of made the trade last season and got Gasol......they have no post up big man at all....the bulls have great talent yes and had a great year last year. But i think its time for them to finally make a big trade.

they have to face facts that Gordan/Deng won't be bulls for the rest of their careers...
I can see them trading Thomas though...

They should get rid of Paxton immediately, he and Skiles were responsible for the Bulls losing record. They are only saving him due to his 9 yr playing career with the Bulls during the Jordan era.

Bring Jordan back to rebuild to the Bulls.Jordan belongs to the Bulls.There ain't anyone who has the credentials like Jordan has.

They should get rid of Paxton immediately, he and Skiles were responsible for the Bulls losing record. They are only saving him due to his 9 yr playing career with the Bulls during the Jordan era.

Bring Jordan back to rebuild to the Bulls.Jordan belongs to the Bulls.There ain't anyone who has the credentials like Jordan has.

Jordan is a part owner of the Bobcats, what makes u think the bulls can just get him back?

Coaching candidates in my opinion would be from the younger brigade -

Eric Musselman
Paul Westphal
Terry Porter

Thats my feeling anyway, front office changes while i doubt it would occur, and i am unsure on my exact thoughts but a Larry Brown type scenario is always a possibility, but remote is line of thought on it eventuating.

Potential front office if a change is made could be -

Wayne Cooper (Kings 2IC)
John Hammond (Detroit 2IC)

A pairing of Cooper and Porter who have a history at both Portland (playing days) and Sacramento (front office/coaching staff) may be an option worth considering.

Or the combination of Hammond and Brown with a working history in both LA and Detroit, unsure as to what the history was like, but also worthy of consideration considering the success achieved in the past.

However out of the two i would love to see Hammond get his own gig, after a few years with the perenial cellar dwellers the Clippers in the 90's and 00's and more recently under the eye of Joe D.

Skiles was made the scapegoat of Chicago's losing record.In actual fact it was Paxton who makes the front-line decisions and has all the control over the team. Paxton has a record of making silly mistakes such as signing Ben Wallace to a over-rated contract.Therefore he must be shown the door immediately and not Skiles.

Jordan is a part owner of the Bobcats, what makes u think the bulls can just get him back?

I can only dream but Jordan is now the perfect fit for the job.What he has done for the Bobcats this season can not be understated. Bottom line is Jordan has a proven record and Paxton has not(cept for that title winning shot against the suns in 93:thumbsup:).Pls Mike come back to the Bulls we need you now!!!:worthy::worthy::worthy:

I can only dream but Jordan is now the perfect fit for the job.What he has done for the Bobcats this season can not be understated. Bottom line is Jordan has a proven record and Paxton has not(cept for that title winning shot against the suns in 93:thumbsup:).Pls Mike come back to the Bulls we need you now!!!:worthy::worthy::worthy:

A proven losing record maybe. The Bobcats are 10-17 this season. You are right, "it cannot be understated" how disappointing the Bobcats have been this season. They were supposed to be a playoff team, and at this pace they are going to miss by a long way.

My understanding is that his salary is paid by his former employer, and hence if he assumes a coaching role in the period of that then he waivers the claim to that contract.

This may not be the case, however if it was, with his rumoured consideration to return ot the bench with the Celtics this season, showing an itch to still coach, would suggest he hasn't lost the passion or desire to coach.

I dont see how any long term executive role for him with the 76ers will be maintained with Stefanski likely of bringing in his own people this coming summer.

A proven losing record maybe. The Bobcats are 10-17 this season. You are right, "it cannot be understated" how disappointing the Bobcats have been this season. They were supposed to be a playoff team, and at this pace they are going to miss by a long way.

It's not Mike's fault if these lazy young fella's are not going to play hard or work at all.Jordan is doing a fine job with the Bobcats now. .

It'll take awhile for the team to gel and start winning since all their starting line-up have gotten injured.

Larry Brown is free to coach...?

It's time to bring back former Bulls coach Doug Collins not Larry:woot:. It'll be great to see him back on the Bulls bench again..just like in the 80's when he coached Jordan:D

It's not Mike's fault if these lazy young fella's are not going to play hard or work at all.Jordan is doing a fine job with the Bobcats now. .

It'll take awhile for the team to gel and start winning since all their starting line-up have gotten injured.

It's time to bring back former Bulls coach Doug Collins not Larry:woot:. It'll be great to see him back on the Bulls bench again..just like in the 80's when he coached Jordan:D/:woot:

Wow...are you a Jordan nut hugger...or what?

If it all fails in Charlotte, Jordan is totally responsible this time around, he gave jobs to the old boys - Sam Vincent, Buzz Peterson & Co, so it all rests on his shoulders, good, bad and the ugly.

The hard work for this franchise was done by Bickerstaff, with consecutive seasons of improvement over the clubs first three seasons (18, 26 and 33 wins), no doubt he wasn't the long term option, but Jordan making a few personnel moves to a team on target for a 30 win season hasn't set the world on fire my friend....Bickerstaff through all his faults guided them to more wins then that last season...

As for Collins....baahh old timer who has shown he is better suited to the broacasting stool...in 8 seasons he has coached his teams over the .500 mark only 3 or 4 times.

Back to Brown, he has a proven track record, success and ability to turn around stagnet franchises -

Denver (18 game improvement and into play-offs)
Detroit (4 game improvement and championship)
Indiana (6 game improvement and solid play-off apperances)
Clippers (14 game improvement and into play-offs for first time in 14 seasons)
New Jersey (20 game improvement and into play-offs after 2 seasons abscence)
76ers (9 game improvement and then solid play-off run after 1st season).

Now i am not endorsing him as the right candidate for the job, more a case of his addition has merit, and not based on my love or adoration for anyone particular individual as seems to be your motivation.

basketoz72,

that's interesting..

i think they will seriously find a new head coach.. hopefully they will not keep Boylan coz they just won recent game..

nice analysis to read.. thanks for sharing

Letting Paxton hang around is like letting Isiah coach. its a "you made your bed now lay in it" situation. That guy should go before any coaches are found.

Bulls need a good playoff coach, like Larry Brown.I agree with ya now.Whilst Doug Collins may had coached the Bulls in the late 80's all the sucess were due to Mike and his brilliant plays(NOT Doug Collins i'm afraid[-X).Therefore they need some coach with a proven record.

Hire Terry Porter as head coach

Trade Gordon/Wallace/Filler for Kobe/Brown

Done.. we're all happy..

Edit: Jordan23, it's Paxson, not Paxton, and having Paxson around is not a bad idea. We had Jerry Krause (the franchise destroyer) before Paxson, I know who I'd rather. It doesn't matter what you have done as a player, I mean Kerr/Paxson are doing good jobs. If it was all about status, then Isiah Thomas would have an unbeaten record right now, both as GM (Raps) and Coach (Knicks/Pacers)..

Also, if it wasn't for Kirk/Ben G/Ben W/Deng struggling all at once come start of the season, we'd easily be 17-10 right now. You look at what those players where doing last season compared to what's happening now, they where headed to stardom.. Skiles would still be around (who I didn't mind, YET his rotations confused me)

If Larry Brown came in it'd be bye bye Thomas/Noah/Gray and hello Snow/Houston/Mutombo.. Brown is a veteran coach that loves Veterans, he's not into the whole "players under 25" idea...

I can't believe people here are baggin Pax, he brings leadership and insight that not many people can bring... He knows what he needs to make this franchise successful, and I'm glad he's not making any rash/random trades to save the season.. Deng/Hinrich/Gordon can play this game, it's getting their minds right that's the hard part.. Wallace is playing through foot pain.. I have confidense in this team and with the players they have right now.. On paper it's a great team, just need to play to their potential more frequently

I would say i am far from bagging Paxson, and believe his moves thus far since the Krause/Floyd era have been solid, he has acquired some nice parts, but nothing major has been acquired, by way in my opinion of a championship calibre player, all though rumours have continually abounded of talks involving Chi-town.

Personally while Krause is labelled as the franchise detroyer, and many other names, i do like the one he earned early in his career "crumbs" for continually getting donut or hot dog bun crumbs on his suit jacket, i dont recall who actually gave it to him, but it was mentioned in the book "Jordan Rules" from memory.

Anyways back to Krause and his ability as a GM, i dont rate him amongst the worst personally (Ike Thomas, Bob Whittsitt, Scott Layden and numerous Cavs people in the early 80's easily spring to mind), no question the whole Floyd debacle was something that hurt the franchise, but overtime he had made many well considered moves for the franchise which was in a shamples after the Rod Thorn era, in the late 70's and early 80's.

I thought the moves and players added around Jordan were good workmanlike players who didnt require a great deal of the ball and realised and assumed thier roles within the team.

He got John Bach on board the coaching staff (rumoured to be potentially re-joining the team) early in the piece and who is reknwoned as one of the better defensive coaches in the NBA along with Dick Harter also.

I am not a supporter of Krause, but believe he did well with a franchise over a long period, no doubt as earlier mentioned the Floyd era and the end of Jordan/Jackson era were handled less then well, for all parties but i always wonder how much that had to do with the ownership group as much as Krause during that time.

Hire Terry Porter as head coach

Trade Gordon/Wallace/Filler for Kobe/Brown

What BROWN???...... I'm hope you don't mean Kwame Brown lol, that guy is one of the worst players in this league.Has no post moves, no jump shot, no speed, no defense, and no potential. He is just flat out a player who is making the NBA slip in appeal and is just an embarrassment to the NBA and every organization.

I can't believe people here are baggin Pax, he brings leadership and insight that not many people can bring... He knows what he needs to make this franchise successful, and I'm glad he's not making any rash/random trades to save the season

I still think if they were going to fire Skiles, they should have chucked Paxson out as well.Over the past yr Paxson has made too many obvious mistakes: Tyrus Thomas for LaMarcus Aldridge? Thabo Sefelosha drafted over Rudy Gay? Not to mention passing up on Kobe..... Paxson is next i'm afraid:D:D

Back
Top Bottom